monday/Integromat Webhook How To (was: Integromat watch board constantly claiming updates)

Thanks. The more I play with this stuff the cooler it is. It’s almost a must have given how many missing pieces are in the out of the box automations.

3 Likes

Hi @mchinsky,

Okay so you’re just asking about how to send an empty text field right? That would just be empty quotes wrapped by other quotes, like so:

What does the ‘’ represent? The way I’m reading “”"" is \ and an extra broken quote.

Can you just show me what to put in a text field for the api to make sure the destination field is blank?

Historically with other apps its “” but I literally get two quotes in the field when I do that.

@mchinsky

The screenshot I sent above is the literal value I’m sending for an empty string in the text column:

You just need to wrap your empty quotation marks in quotation marks. The outer quotation marks indicates that the value you’re sending is a String value, and the inner quotation marks (which need to be escaped with the backslashes) indicate that it’s empty.

If you were to code this value in Node.js it would be JSON.stringify("").

THanks, I ‘almost’ understand. What does ‘escaped with the backslashes’ mean? Does the \ tell it that the next character is literal or something so its a way to force “” to the underlying field?

Hi @mchinsky,

So a lot of the times, when you’re sending a JSON string, quotation marks will not be recognized as such. They will be recognized as a string data type.

In this case you’re sending a string data type that contains an empty JSON string. To clarify the difference between these types of data, you need to include backslashes that will essentially indicate that the data type within your string is not an empty string itself, but an empty JSON string.

This is very technical and related to software development. I’m sure there are much better explanations out there than the one I just provided!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.