Move group if inactive for 6 months

I am trying to move items if inactive for 6 months but I can’t a way because it’s using subitem dates. I have numerous subitems (events) created for items. I have the latest date mirrored to the parent item which all works fine. The issue is, if I try and create and automation (6 months after latest date), automations doesn’t recognise the mirrored column as a date. If I use the subitem date, I believe that it will use all dates and move regardless of activity.

Is there another way of moving the item to an inactive group if nothing has updated in 6 months?

1 Like

Hey Adam,

I see the roadlbock here… I am afraid natively it isn’t currently possible to include that mirrored subitem data into the automation recipe… I apologise for the setback here :pray:

In order for this to work with our native recipes, you would need to utilise the parent item date column. That said, I am thinking that you could potentially integrate a third-party app such as general caster to cast the subitem value into the parent item… Is this something you’d consider looking into to achieve this?

Thank you for the reply. I have solved the issue by adding a date column in the parent item (inactive date) and then using an automation that changes the date each time a subitem is created, then pushing the date 6 months. This should mean that the inactive date is always 6 months after the last subitem was created (im hoping)

This unfortunately will not work, as the Inactive Date you are setting is the one of the subitem.

Hi. The inactive date is on the parent item (not subitem). When a new subitem is created, it changes the date (inactive date) on the parent item to today and then pushes it 6 months. So each time I add a new subitem, it will change the date to 6 months from today in the parent item.

Ahh, if that is the way you have set it up, it should work!

1 Like