Move item based on multiple statuses. WHEN/ IF?

Hi Guys,

Wondering if there is an easy way to do this without creating multiple automations. I have 3 status columns and want to move the item to a new group when all 3 status are COMPLETE. Do I need to create multiple automations eg.
if status 1 changes to complete and status 2 + status 3 = complete move item to group
if status 2 changes to complete and status 1 + status 3 = complete move item to group
if status 3 changes to complete and status 1 + status 2 = complete move item to group.

The ideal automation would be WHEN/ IF status 1 = complete, status 2 = complete and status 3 = complete, move item to group.

@TPL

This simple answer is no.

You have a very good understanding of how it works. Currently, there is no way to combine multiple criteria into a single trigger. I like how you described it. And it would be great if we could to that some day.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions - Your Make or Ours
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or Excel)

1 Like

Hi @TPL !

You can create a custom automation by recreating this formula:

To add your “rules” about the other status being a certain value, simply click on the “+” by the trigger statement to add those additional rules.

You will have to duplicate this formula for all three scenarios that you listed above too!

Hope this helps!

Thankyou both for the replies. Its a pity such automations don’t yet exist as I expect they would be used quite a lot, hopefully something coming soon?

As a workaround i have created the multiple automations as suggested above. It’s not ideal but hopefully will work!

1 Like