Multiple conditions, across many columns, trigger an automation

Hi. I’m seeking to learn if something can be done, rather than asking how it can be done.

I have a workform with many conditional questions, and if a certain combination of responses exist I want to take action 1 (i.e. send a particular email), but if a different combination of responses exist I want to take action 2.

What I’m not sure about is how many column values I can combine to create a trigger, and then if the trigger can be conditional (i.e., send email A or email B).

If this is doable, what resource would I consume to learn how?

Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.

Hi. You should be able to create an automation that fires when your form is completed (using the “When an item is created” recipe, since that’s what your form is doing) that could have multiple triggers depending upon what types of columns you’re using for your conditional questions in your form. If you’re using dropdowns, statuses, or number columns you can add conditions to your automation like:

• and only if status is/is not xyz

• and only if dropdown contains all of/one of/only these labels

• and only if number is equal to/less than/greater than some amount

For other column types, you could use the if column is/is not empty trigger.

There’s really no limit to the number/combinations of triggers of the above for one automation so you could get really granular with the conditions of your automation.

Let me know if that’s helpful or if you’d like to talk through :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll explore this further knowing it’s feasible.

Hi @TempletonFerrari , this is possible using a zzBots If / Condition step set up to where if multiple fields equal a certain value then your automation continues to the next step. You can add more conditions to fit your needs.

If you need help setting this up just chat with us on our website.