New Feature Request for Board Permissions

Would like to submit a new feature request to enhance the permissions on boards to go farther then what is currently there. Right now we have boards where we would like to be able to control who can create new items within the board, but still want them to be able to edit information within the items that have been created, but there is no permission to do this at this point unless you use a person column, which we have multiple people that “own” the information within that item in the board so this is not possible for us. Would be great to get more security/permissions available for the boards.

I agree an upgrade to board permissions would be great. It would also be great to be able to make guests board owners, or have some way to give them board owner type permissions. For example, we have shared boards that a third party is using to feed us information, and I want my team members to be able to view but not edit these boards. Would be great to be able to have that restriction in place.

2 Likes

I echo the above posts. To expand further – the standard Board Permissions seem too black & white, when there may need to be some consideration for additional privileges, or even things that admins can control versus standard users/members. For example, the “Edit content” permission level should not be allowed to Archive or Delete Boards, and they should not be allowed to change Item Terminology - these functions should only be available to Admins or Board Owners.

2 Likes

I agree the whole permissions structure needs improvement.

You can’t even lock regular users out of changing views and saving them without also preventing them from creating new items or editing items without being assigned to them. Just dumb. Views are board structure, I dont want end users to change board structure - but I cant stop this without crippling the board functionality.

2 Likes

Hear, hear :pray:

There are cases when you want to give ownership automatically to a Team and not Users one by one.
Team members change and we should not have to manage that by hand on all our boards.

This is something I struggle with as well. We have an estimating team that creates all the estimates and when a contract is marked executed it automatically creates a project board. Currently with the ownership of the board tied to whoever does the action also puts all auto generated tasks for that template in their work. At that point the “project” has shifted to another department and estimating will not touch it again. If we had the able to link it to a person column or the ability to assign an owner that would alleviate it.

When status changes to this, create new board from template and assign ownership of new board to person…

I see other areas with the automations that if we had the ability to say create new board from template and do an action on that new board would be a tremendous help.

I would like the ability to allow group creation (and NOT deletion where now you can only give both) and not give Column creation/deletion. These functions are tied together and is it possible to split them?

I would like to be able to expand board permissions to only people on my team (members of my workspace) be able to edit, but for the board to still be visible to other account members.

My team is an internal facing group that processes materials requests for the rest of the company. Ideally, I’d like only workspace members (not all account members) to having editing access to tag themselves in tasks and update statuses. Then, everyone else to be able to view their request /their team’s request status.

I’ll add to this. I wouldn’t mind if someone has permission to change something on my board, but we do a lot of copying and pasting from the board to fill out forms (they’re government specific forms so I can’t use the board to create documents). Anyway, what I want is some type of pop up or verification if they try to change the information. For example, if it’s a birthdate, and I accidentally change it, I want to have some type of verification that I meant to change it.

Can someone from Monday chime in on this? This seems to have been out there for a while. This limitation really restricts what we are able to do. We need more granular levels on the board as well as the ability to apply all these levels as we have many different users accessing boards together.

I would like to see the options to select what can be added / edited / or deleted.

We want some columns to be “Mandatory” (per Leadership) that cannot be deleted, but can be edited. But allow other columns to be added as needed.

If we had something like this that we could select a box it would really be nice!