No option to import HOUR and LOCATION data?

Hi all,
I have a list of stores in Excel that includes opening hours and lat/long co-ordinates for the location (more accurate than addresses).
The times are in Excel HOUR format (00:00:00). Locations are to 7th decimal.
Once uploaded, I only have the option to include these columns in the board as Text or Number columns - option to import as Hour or Location.
I don’t see a formula that will convert either. Does this mean I have to add all this data manually?
Thanks,

Hey @JS_CIC, at this time that is correct. The Hour and Location columns are new columns that were created after the Excel integration.

We are looking to improve the excel integration but don’t have an ETA for it. I know that location columns is a must in this use case, but what about keeping the hour column as text. Are you looking to calculate this number?

Feel free to share more about you use case to see what we can recommend.

Hi Bradley,

Good to know it’s on the roadmap. Is there a way to cut and paste data between columns Imay be missing a trick here)? I now have location data in Monday as Text. If I want to copy that into a LOCATION column I have to do it manually cell by cell?!

HOUR
Using the number will work but it’s not ideal formatting: left column is a formula on Hour, the right is formula on time as number:

Thanks,

1 Like

I have a very similar issue, I need to import thousands of asset locations in WGS24 (from dirty old spreadsheets) to create activities against assets. I’ve tried a few ways to import the data, create duplicate columns etc but the only way I can find to import locations is to create a new column as a location column and manually copy the location data across.
Glad I only signed up for a trial as my belief that Monday would work as it has mapping capability just hit the eject button and bailed on me. I love the product otherwise but in an age where location is so important to many industries this is a major shortcoming.
I see this has been a feature people have been requesting since 2013. [RELEASED] Support Location Column import from excel, google sheets, etc - #9 by kthe4167

1 Like

I don’t have any confirmed information on this, however, my gut feel is that with so much emphasis this year on expanding the functionality for field and mobile workers (think construction, for instance), 2021 may finally bring us more Location column functionality.

Hey @Salient, welcome to the community—thanks for posting! We have reviewed this feature as well as the feedback around it and will likely work on it this coming year, although we are still finalizing our roadmap. I definitely agree that it would be helpful for many users, especially because so many industries use location and have spreadsheets like you do tracking many, many locations.

We created an integration that receives a location in text and returns a location value into a location column. If you want to use that please contact with me directly.
Yotam@twodotech.com

We created an integration that receives a location in text and returns a location value into a location column. If you want to use that please contact with me directly.

Yotam@twodotech.com

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.