Notify customers when they're being overcharged

I’ve got used to SaaS platforms that automatically down and upgrade plans according to user activations.

Monday has been overcharging us considerably for the past year because, despite being a platform that helps it’s customers automate admin and other tasks, it fails to inform them when they are overpaying and expects them to manually downgrade their plan rather than reacting to a decreased number of active users.

A simple notification of being on an inappropriate plan must be extremely easy for a company in Monday.com’s space.

If I didn’t inform my customers that they were being overcharged, I would expect them to move to our competition.

Hey Joe,

I understand where you’re coming from here and apologise to hear of your frustration.

I did want to reference an article that we have available that details that process we take prior to the auto-upgrade, to ensure Admins are made aware of an impending upgrade.

Before any auto-upgrade, we send three emails to the Admin of the account warning that the account has exceeded the number of users allotted by the selected plan.

First Email: This email notifies the Admin of the situation. It explains that the account has more users than allowed on the current plan. It warns of an auto-upgrade. From the time that the first email is sent, the Admin then has 5 days to make changes.

Second Email: Two days after the number of users on the account has exceeded the plan allotment, a second email is sent to notify the Admin that the system will upgrade the account in three days.

Third Email: Four days after the number of users on the account has exceeded the plan allotment, a third email is sent to notify the Admin that the system will upgrade the account in one day.

If the Admin misses the 5-day deadline, the account will be auto-upgraded to the next user tier. For example, if you are on a Standard 10 User Monthly plan and you go from 10 users to 11 users, you will trigger an auto-upgrade from our system. If you do not remove the 11th user before the 5 days are up, your plan will be upgraded to the next user tier of the Standard Monthly plan.

You can find more information here →
How to manage an auto-upgrade

Please let me know if this helps explain our process or if I’ve misunderstood what you’re referring to :pray:

Hi Bianca,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I think you’ve confirmed that you do have the sort of process in place that would allow you to also notify customers when their total users are below their current pricing plan.

If you are able to send three emails warning that the account is over capacity, and have in place a process to auto-upgrade, then a decision has presumably been made not to use a similar system that would inform customers that they are under capacity or to auto-downgrade their plan, thereby leaving your customers paying for a level of service that you know they are not using.

I hope that clarifies my frustration.