Number column: Add options for decimal places and number formats

Please add following two options to number columns

(1) Decimal places: 0, 1, 2, 3
This would result in showing always the selected number of decimal places; e.g. 123.00 if decimal places = 2 has been selected

(2) Format: America (9,999.999), Europe (9.999,999)

These two options are essential in order to use number columns for any financial activity (quotes, orders, invoices, financial reports, etc.).

Thank you very much!

Dear support, are there any updates regarding this feature? This is a crucial feature for our company for automating several processes (we also need this feature for formulas, see this discussion: Formula column: Add options for decimal places and number formats)

Allow user to set the number of decimal places for number columns (especially for a currency). Very frustrating you can’t set a simple number of decimal places on this field without workarounds.

Could you also add a formatting option that removes the comma? Documents such as invoices may have 6 digits that are not separated by a comma. I realize this can be accomplished using text column but you loose the number automation options.
THANKS

1 Like

Currently the only workaround which honestly is so limiting, is to use Microsoft Edge Chromium browser and force your regional settings always. That works for Monday for numbers input and view but also brakes all other websites by forcing a regional and therefore depending on the website it can redirect you to that language you don’t want etc.

So by enabling this as an option in the user profile and implementing just like the date format, users can be happy no matter the browser or the app or device.

I am just writing the comment here even though it is seems pointless.

The main problem is that in a lot of places in Europe we use dot (.) to separate thousands and comma (,) to separate decimals. I am reviving it with the hope to a solution.
Mainly on Monday, users are required to input their numbers in the 10,000.00 format only.
This should be an option to each user profile as to how they want to input and view numbers so that way a user can login from any computer or app and work with numbers perfectly fine without frustration.
Also for currency it fairly obvious that it should use 2 decimals even if it is zero at the end. Like “17,50” instead “17,5”.

Currently the only workaround which honestly is so limiting, is to use Microsoft Edge Chromium browser and force your regional settings always. That works for Monday for numbers input and view but also brakes all other websites by forcing a regional and therefore depending on the website it can redirect you to that language you don’t want etc.

So by enabling this option in the user profile and implementing like the date format , users can be happy no matter the browser or the app, device or country.

This is possibly a very easy fix which i don’t get why hasn’t been implemented yet as it is a core problem for many users.

A workaround could be to create a formula column linked to your amount column, with this kind of formula:
if({Amount}>=1000,rounddown({Amount}/1000,0) & “.” & right(“000” & rounddown({Amount} - 1000rounddown({Amount}/1000,0),0), 3), “”) & if({Amount}<1000, rounddown({Amount} - 1000rounddown({Amount}/1000,0),0) ,“”) & “,” & right(“00” & (({Amount}*100) - rounddown({Amount},0)*100),2) & " €"

For 1234 in the amount column, you will display 1.234,00 € in the formula column. You can easily remove the"." to have 1234,00 €

1 Like

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologise for the frustration. I have shared this thread directly with the team in-charge :pray:

For the tie being, they have mentioned that a workaround is changing the language in the browser settings to a location that uses a period as a decimal separator, which changes the format of the numbers column and makes it usable in formulas. We understand this isn’t overly ideal, however do appreciate your understanding for the time being.

This would be helpful. Had to use a workaround. Seems like obvious feature to include, given other existing features to control number format.

Hi, is there an update for this feature?

Any news about the subject ?

Checking in if there is any fix on this. I agree here: Number column: Add options for decimal places and number formats - #3 by arnoldprasad.

We cannot use formula’s in auto emails saying you owe $1.00 but an email instead for a number column shows you owe $1.0 – doesn’t make sense.

I agree, doesn’t make any sense in your currency column to show $1.1 if it should be $1.10

In any other application they would consider this a bug