Feature Request: Setting custom formatting for Number Columns

The number column in Monday is currently formatted in the default US decimal format:

Thousand separator = .
decimal separator = ,

The company I work for however, is situated in Denmark and we have the reverse number formatting:

Thousand separator = ,
decimal separator = .

We use Monday as our task and project management system as well as CRM and sales system, and we need to send out invoices and log, for instance, Deal values. We have automated some of our invoices and documents, but each time we use data from a column value we first have to convert the formatting of these numbers before we can actually use them. It would be of great help if we can have a feature that allows us to select which formatting we want to use in a particular numbers column.

Number column example

Hi @LindaFuchsUTN!

As of very recently we introduced localisation for the numbers column, which enables the browser to take the PC localisation configuration for the for numbers column and will not override it’s logic - as such, you should now be able to use β€œ,” - that said it appears this isn’t the case on your end? Would you be happy to share a screenshot so I can share this with our developers team? :pray:

Hi @BiancaT ,

I actually noticed I made a mistake when I wrote the original post last week. (it was a long week :sweat_smile:).
I mixed up the delimiters in the explanation.
The core of the issue still remains the same though:

US:
Thousand separator = ,
decimal separator = .

Eu:
Thousand separator = .
decimal separator = ,

My format is still showing as US format

I also asked one of my colleagues, theirs shows EU format

I am guessing it would be a setting in the system that prevents the browser from accessing the location of my device properly. Which would make sense as I have location services for the PC turned off by default. So am I correct in guessing it would display a default format, being the US format?

I do have a few questions about location services if you don’t mind?

• Why not use the location as it is set on the user’s profile in Monday?

• When I hover over a colleague in monday, it shows me their location, but that is not the location that they have set themselves in their monday profiles. Some have Copenhagen as their location (which is incorrect, as we are located in Aalborg, DK), but others whom are sitting next to me, on the same network, are showing as being in Budepest, which is definitely incorrect.
    I am guessing that this location depends on where the packet is traced from. But again, why not just use the location we set ourselves in our profile? That would give a much more uniform (and accurate) experience.

I agree that we need to be able to customize our number formats. I want form users to be able to complete the form without having a comma in their number responses.

This is my issue as well. I also don’t want commas in my numbers columns when they are simply department identifiers. Any way to reformat?

1 Like

@BiancaT

For us as a global science consultancy it is also a problem,. We take our system settings in American format and need this so our tools are working properly. However we are located in Europe and are required to use the European format for displaying invoice numbers correctly. Furthermore, we export this to docuGen and need for each column a formula just for the format change. So with setting our systems settings to american format and browser settings to Local format (In edge: Setting/Languages/Share additional OS regional format/Always (Not recommendet)) we get what we need.

Our Formula for format change:
if({TS (abs)}>=1000,rounddown({TS (abs)}/1000,0) & β€œ.” & right(β€œ000” & rounddown({TS (abs)} - 1000*rounddown({TS (abs)}/1000,0),0), 3)& β€œ,” & right(β€œ00” & (({TS (abs)}*100) + rounddown({TS (abs)},0)100),2), β€œβ€) & if(OR(AND({TS (abs)}>-1000,{TS (abs)}<=-1),AND({TS (abs)}<1000,{TS (abs)}>=0)) , rounddown({TS (abs)} - 1000rounddown({TS (abs)}/1000,0),0)& β€œ,” & right(β€œ00” & (({TS (abs)}*100) + rounddown({TS (abs)},0)100),2) ,β€œβ€) & if(or(and({TS (abs)}>-1,{TS (abs)}<-0.1),and({TS (abs)}<-0.1,{TS (abs)}>-0.001)),β€œ-” & rounddown({TS (abs)} - 1000rounddown({TS (abs)}/1000,0),0)& β€œ,” & right(β€œ00” & (({TS (abs)}*100) + rounddown({TS (abs)},0)100),2),β€œβ€)
& if({TS (abs)}<=-1000,rounddown({TS (abs)}/1000,0) & β€œ.” & right(β€œ000” & rounddown({TS (abs)} + 1000
rounddown({TS (abs)}/1000,0),0), 3)& β€œ,” & right(β€œ00” & (({TS (abs)}*100) + rounddown({TS (abs)},0)100),2), β€œβ€)
& if(and({TS (abs)}>-0.1,{TS (abs)}<-0.001), β€œ-” & rounddown({TS (abs)} - 1000
rounddown({TS (abs)}/1000,0),0) & β€œ,0” & right(β€œ00” & (({TS (abs)}*100) + rounddown({TS (abs)},0)*100),1),β€œβ€)