Number Formatting $0.00

Would like to suggest a feature > proper number formatting for accounting. Similar to the “accounting” format in Excel, it would be great if we could select a column format for $ numbers that is consistent, such as $1.00. Right now if you enter $1.00, you get $1
In a typical column of numbers with dollars and cents, you end up with three different looking numbers. NOW - $1, $1.1, $1.11, WOULD BE NICE - $1.00, $1.10, $1.11 - just makes it more professional for accounting when the numbers are consistent.

PS, if this is not the correct place for feature suggestion, I have a suggestion to improve how to find feature suggestion.

same request for me. For accounting purpose i would like to force to have 2 digits as decimal, even if it is 00. So if we force the format to have two digits as decimal, 10,2 would be displayed 10,20 and 10 would be displayed 10,00
(i use a coma as it is our decimal separator here in France).

Max,
Have you work around for this? Our finance team has requested we convert all of their numbers to be formatted the same way. We use general caster for many of our formulas and thought I found a way to force the 2 digits following the decimal, however it is not working.
If you are familiar with General Caster, maybe you can see what is incorrect in this formula that makes it not return the 2 digits as desired:
Round({item’s Your Share of Meal Total}*.50,2)