Percentage complete based on start and end date of timeline

Hi, I am just trying to set up a formula that would work out the percent complete of a task based on todays date in relation to the start date and end date of the timeline. Could anyone recommend a formula that I can use for this?

Hi Jen,

Something like this should work:

ROUND(WORKDAYS(TODAY(),{Timeline#Start}),0)/WORKDAYS({Timeline#End},{Timeline#Start})

Want to take your formulas to the next level? Try the Advanced Formula Booster, the app that reinvents formulas in monday.
Create formulas without using the Formula column!
Use data from the previous item, next item, sub-items, parent item, items in the same group, items in the same board.
In one formula, update multiple columns from multiple items.
Check our blog for real use cases.

Thank you for your response, unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be doing it, dates in the past for example are showing as 91 and some over 100

Try:

IF({Timeline#End}<FORMAT_DATE(TODAY(),"YYYY-MM-DD"),1,ROUND(WORKDAYS(TODAY(),{Timeline#Start}),0)/WORKDAYS({Timeline#End},{Timeline#Start}))

Looking for a simpler way to write complex formulas? Check out the Advanced Formula Booster at https://mdboosters.com. It’s a convenient third-party app that simplifies formula writing. With it, you can spread your formulas across several lines, utilize variables, and access dozens of functions not found in the standard formula column.

Yes that seems to be working if i then *100! Amazing, thank you so much!