Printing individual tasks

Hi All

I run a picture framing business and we’re looking to use Monday as a task management tool.

I can see how to build and display an information page for each task on the board with the relevant information in the various board columns but is there a way to print this, to include all info? We could then use this as a work sheet for the staff. I can’t see any way of doing this but if there is a way, I’d be very grateful for some advice as to how it can be achieved.

Thanks

Hi Stephen @TinFish
Welcome to the community
You should be able to do this by going to the 3 dot menu of the board and more actions, > Print Borad
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 16.22.29

You can also filter down to what you need to see before printing
You can change the % scale of the print in the print options to gat all columns

Alternatively you can also filter to the information and export the board to excel
Hope this is the information required, please don’t forget to mark as a solution if this is what you need, and feel free to contact me if you need any additional information

Many thanks
Dan

Hi Dan

Many thanks for your fast reply. That was really helpful thanks but doesn’t quite solve my problem.

Whilst I can see how to print a board, and filter information, what I’d ideally like to print is the Item Page that opens when you click the icon to the right of an individual project item, such as ‘Fred Bloggs’ in the screenshot below.

I’d love to find a way to print the information panel, without some of the info fields being cropped off, onto an A4 sheet so that we can use it as a job sheet for each project. Basically, I just want all the info from all the fields for a single project in a printable format.

Any idea if there’s a way of doing that?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks

Steve

Hey! Would you be willing to check out our apps marketplace to achieve this? Specifically this app that I’ve come across, which might help?

I understand it isn’t exactly the format you desire, but I am interested if it could help in the meantime?

Alternatively, you could screenshot the information and print :slight_smile:

Hi @TinFish !

You can use the app DocExport PDF Generator to create job sheets in your own design with information from a single item and place it in a file column.
You can even use your current job sheet and insert placeholders where you want to populate information from your item.

In your case, you would create a docx file as template and use placeholders from your board like {{Item.Name}}, {{Item.Status}}, {{Item.Date Required}}, {{Item.No. of Items}}, {{Item.Total Cost}} and so on. This docx file would then be the template for the PDF creation.

Here’s a quick video tutorial of how to set it up: