Print Dashboards

Use Case:
We use Monday.com to manage our strategic workplan. This involves a long list of tasks/projects and then we link out to projects that need their own board. We use the dashboards for executive reporting and also for reporting to our finance team. We have custom columns where we calculate financials for each item and the dashboards give a glimpse into each of these roll-ups and rather or not we are on track or falling behind. Our regions have their own dashboards that include the battery widget so they can quickly see which items need attention.

Request:
We would like to print and send out dashboards as a status report to our board members and also put parts of them in presentations.

Impact:
Currently, the only way to do this is to screenshot it, which is a pain and also doesn’t always display it as nicely as it’s already designed within the dashboard.

Work-around:
We have tried right-clicking and printing from chrome, but we get an error message to print from within the board. This isn’t an option and so it seems to make very little sense for this error to occur.

5 Likes

Hey @mrobison - We are looking into methods to allow our customers to share data from the dashboards, such as printing, broadcasting or export to csv. But still, I think that with the possibility of the Full screen you have now in the dashboards, you can easily print and take clearer screenshots.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Thanks!

3 Likes

@Qassam-monday.com Is there any plans to enhance the export of dashboards?

1 Like

@Qassam-monday.com I would also like to print my full dashboard to share with clients. We use dashboards for time tracking by task name. Each task is listed in the dashboard along with the time spent on the task. When I choose ‘Print dashboard’ it only prints what is seen on the screen and not all the content that is in the dashboard (that can be seen when you scroll down). Can this be amended so the whole dashboard can be printed at once?

PLEASE make this more usable! We only switched to Monday to help with our reporting and we can’t make it work! We desperately need to be able to print our dashboards to share with others.

Hi,
Any update on this? when i save it to PDF it cut the edge, do you have in the roadmap download option?

Thanks
Maayan

Reiterating! The print function does not work, and we all need to be able to export to PDF rather than just Excel. All I get when I try to print is an empty page.

1 Like

We also need with urgency send some sort of report to our clients with done tasks and other topics. Please monday.com team, this is a major feature and a big need for us.

Has anyone tried sending a link to a board that has the information preformatted for consumption outside your enterprise? You send the link to a board and someone external can view the board as read only. Not exactly pretty, but it works for getting basic information across.

Please do you have an estimated date when it will be possible to print or convert into a pdf the dashboard with chart widgets ?

1 Like

Hi @elena @DanaPloof @Fernandocodeby

While we wait for monday to provide such a feature, I just wanted to let you know that there are add-ons that allow you to do that today. With our Reports by Screenful add-on, you can create custom charts by combining data from any number of monday boards. You can place those charts as widgets on monday dashboards, or you can share them a public link, or as a PDF file via a schedule email.

Learn more:

To see a live demo, just send me a private message!

Hi Sami,
I am finding other inconvinients in monday dashboards. I need a dashboard where i could show and filter by subitmes status and subitems dates.
Would it be possible with your add on?

But as far as i have seen this is not a link to directly share the dashboard, user has to login in monday.

Hi!

Any update on this? I´ve seen that when you try to print a Dasbhoard, i.e. to share with someone, the page breaks cannot be customized, so if the widgets added do not fit exactly each page, they wil appear part on one sheet and part on another.

Any suggestions?

Wait, what? Please tell me that monday is not suggesting screenshots as a method of reporting?! I know that us users of monday are very digital and web-focused or we wouldn’t be using it in the first place, but many of us have to report to someone.

Of the the most common visual methods that executives have come to understand is the Gannt chart, which we can’t present outside of monday very professionally, and the dashboards are a great way to aggregate information and present it in a concise manner, which we can’t present outside of monday in a way that can be presented professionally.

Please understand that we use the tool, but often have to report to those that don’t. Board members don’t want to go to several different charts, sites or pages to get their monthly, quarterly or annual updates: they want every department to submit their information to someone who compiles it into a digestible format. They are often putting these into PowerPoint (I can’t explain it, other than people know how to use it), and creating one document that compiles the organizations presentations into one.

Screenshots aren’t going to work. The Excel spreadsheet export of gannt charts aren’t going to work. We need to be able to interact and share data with other departments, managers, executives and board members who are never going to add monday to their toolbox.

I apologize for the rant, but this is something that needs to be resolved and soon.

3 Likes

Hi @mrobison @yasminmfn @jelitots @Eperkins @MaayanTrax @colleencass @Fernandocodeby @elena @egronberger

We hope monday addresses this soon. In the meantime, I wanted to let you know that Appfire, my company, develops an app that might be very handy – Dashboard Hub for monday.com. Dashboard Hub enhances dashboard creation and sharing within monday.

For your problem: We would like to print and send out dashboards as a status report to our board members and also put parts of them in presentations.

It could be helpful in many ways:

1. Export a snapshot of the entirety of your dashboard in just one click. The snapshot will display the dashboard exactly as it is, in great quality and even showing parts that are not on screen at the moment (e.g. if there is more data scrolling down). This would be perfect to create a static report.

2. Generate a Public Link to your dashboard. This link can be protected with password and allows to share the dashboard with external stakeholders if needed (only “view” permissions). This is ideal to create dynamic reports.

I would suggest using both depending on what type of report you need. By adding snapshots and Public Links to your presentations, you could provide insights effortlessly that also allow to deep in the data by accessing the Public Link.

Hope it helps! Remember that you can try Dashboard Hub for free in the app marketplace

IvĂĄn GarcĂ­a, Product Marketing Manager at Appfire

2 Likes

@elena Update: now we support subtasks as well. You can learn more from this guide: Tracking monday.com subitems using Screenful — Screenful