[RELEASED] Integromat : ID parent of subitems

Hello,

I have a problem on a subitems for retrieving the ID of the parent element

subitems_of_[ID] now displays on the new lines “topics”

How to do on a sub-element to get the code of the parent element?
no code of the parent elementn :pensive: :pensive:

from January 6th “group ID” doesn’t return subitems_of_{ID} anymore but “topics”.

Hi @YannD,

Ahh yes-- what you’ve identified is indeed something that our developers are still working on.

I have gone ahead and added your request to the existing report. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

For now, what I would recommend is to query all of the columns for your parent items to see which subitems are related to which items.

-Helen

@Helen

Thanks for your feedback but I don’t have the info on the parent element, to know if there are sub-elements or not.

I have some analysis tables and interface that doesn’t work anymore :sob: :sob: :sob:

Hi @YannD,

Oh! I’m sorry to hear that. Do you mind expanding on what you mean?

It sounds like you changed the parent board of these subitems so that they’re no longer connected, is that right? If so, I’m afraid that yes, you wouldn’t be able to find the connection between these subitems and parent items anymore.

If this is not the case, you can use a query like this:

To see the subitems for each parent item.

-Helen

Hi @Helen

a capture is easier to understand :grinning:
No change of element or sub-element, just the column Group ID on a sub-element returns the right value.

Hi @YannD,

Yes exactly!

However, you can see that the Group_Id field doesn’t always return the id of the parent item, and this is indeed expected behavior at this time; our devs are working on changing this soon though.

-Helen

Hi @Helen

Thank you for your feedback, so it is planned to put the id of the parent element back in the ID group. When is it planned to retrieve the information?

I currently have an outage, I have a connector that doesn’t work anymore. :confounded:

Hey @YannD :wave:

I really wish we could be a bit more precise with the timeline on when this would be adjusted, but at the time, we aren’t able to commit to an ETA or even a rough date just yet. Like Helen mentioned, your best bet would be to query the sub-item column value of the parent item to get all of the sub-items that are related to it, as this is the currently most stable approach.

I’m really sorry for the inconvenience this causes on your end, as I definitely realise this will lead to some extra work to make the adjustments.

-Alex

@AlexSavchuk

Thanks for your feedback, unfortunately I don’t have the information on the parent element present on integromat.

@YannD In this case, you would always need to query the parent board, and not the sub-item board, As mentioned by Helen. Since you are able to get the sub-item board data, you should also be able to query the parent board data as well - would that be possible to implement in your scenario?

-Alex

@AlexSavchuk

Retrieving data from a sub-element by the parent element (example subitems test) does not work by integromat, it is a calculation.

It is thus necessary to make a calculation between the parent and the sub-item.

Example :
I need to retrieve the data from the 5 sub-articles + the parent article. The recovery of the sub-items, allows to make calculations of max, min, the last … OR analysis of all the sub-elements of the parent article.

Before the behavior modification, recovery of the 5 sub-items + the parent article without any problem.

rewriting the connection with integromat is not a problem, I just need to have the parent ID in the sub-elements (before) or the sub-element numbers in the parent

Thanks for your help, the data is indeed in the parent element, a reprocessing is necessary.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I recover data with ID & ID subitem

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear @YannD!

-Helen

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @YannD!

Happy announce that we recently released a parent_item field when querying subitems that should help.

1 Like