Remove Connections/Links in Connect Boards Column if Linked item(s) were deleted

It’s a real problem for lots of folks including me, please do something about it!

1 Like

I am new to Monday.com and building a revenue analytics application. I am shocked that a) this fault exists in the first place and b) after more than a year it has not been resolved. I cannot go live with the application while this fault is unresolved as it will undermine the integrity of data on which decision-makers need to rely. I am questioning my choice of Monday.com as the platform for this application.

Monday.com Product Team, please provide a clear statement of intent on resolving this.

3 Likes

This is a complete dealbreaker: I joined monday.com to use it as CRM for donations, not knowing in my trial period, that this issue exist. In their own donations-CRM-Template this issue happens. So imagine if you deal with donations every such mistake can lead to big problems. Regretting my decision to move monday.com as CRM as of now. Hope this problem - that should have never existed - resolves asap. But I have no hopes, since this problem exists for over a year and nothing has been done. I agree:

monday.com Product Team, please provide a clear statement of intent on resolving this or otherwise I have to change the CRM.

1 Like

Please monday.com fix these BIG issue! It’s been unresolved for too long

2 Likes

The sad part is, that this “remove-deleted-connections”-fix would bring in so many new customers for monday.com, because ONLY THEN real CRM-functionality is given. No clue why this is not a higher priority for them - with one fix you would get new customers. But don’t expect this short term, since this is over a year overdue and nothing moves in that direction - and future stranded people, please vote on it, so that it get’s heard once upon a time…upon then: I bid you goodbye.

2 Likes

Please monday.com, fix this HUGE issue!

If not, the connection feature is unusable and clueless.

Please, find a way for a quick fix for this even if it remains in the lab until next release.

3 Likes

In fact, many of our features began as user requests.

This is not a user request that might lead to a new feature. It is a serious bug that was first identified nearly 18 months ago.

3 Likes

+1
So important to close the loop

1 Like

+1
bad situation…

1 Like

We gather here for a sad celebration of about 1 year, 6 months since this bug has been first reported. Sadly nothing has been done so far. Please vote (on the top left) on that issue. I am sure that many many people have that same critical problem, but don’t act on it, so the developers don’t see it as a big deal. Let’s make this seen by more people and get more votes on it.

2 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Created a temporary fix which you can download here. Basically, you select a connected column and the app will find and remove any deleted item from that column. Hope monday.com will fix this natively in the future

2 Likes

Thanks @kolaai has anyone been able to confirm this consistently works? I want to try use this for a few clients.

Adding my vote. This urgently needs fixing.

Bumping this thread.

Any Update here? @jennap

YES. You hero.

Can confirm this works @Kofi, so satisfying to open up Split View and watch them get deleted after almost a year of waiting for this fix… any chance of setting this up automatically @kolaai to run once a day at 9am for instance?

Interesting - this didn’t work for me. I wonder what you did differently?

Thanks @kolaai ! The workaround is a huge help and does work in general and is a life-boat for all here stranded. I hope our data is safe and secure though, since the app can read it all.

But @carolinem there is not all done and fixed here:

1. For example to get the working fix you always have to manually push an extra reload on your whole board-list so that the app can do it’s correction-thing. If you don’t reload it extra, it shows the old wrong calculations and produces the same errors (the deleted entries and such are back).
  2. When I export my board-list, it does not take the corrected data. It takes the original data, so it’s sadly not usable for us, because the export is what matters in the end. This is very tricky.

It’s absolutely not clear to me, why monday does not fix this bug natively for years now! It is clearly not a feature request here, it is a bug. It is such an important problem and would fix all CRM-usage problems in one fix.

Please correct this natively monday, so that we can finally properly use your app. The problem is not gone at all. Thanks.

Hello everyone :slight_smile: ,
Happy to hear that you are having success with the app.
@JackHeadford Concerning the automatic run, unfortunately I don’t see that happening since that will be too much work for something that is supposed to be a temporary fix.

@carolinem Sorry to hear that it isn’t working for you. I actually tested app multiple times and it works but I realized that, in some instances, the app correctly asks monday to remove the items but monday still keeps them in the board. Anytime you see the ‘Column fixed’ success message, it means that the app found some deleted or archived items and removed them. If they still remain, it’s because monday is not removing them even though the app asked it to. For that, there is nothing we can do about it. It’s a bug that monday has to fix. This can be liken to changing a status label from let’s say “Working on it” to “Done” but monday not changing it as you requested.

@Tomday Concerning your data, the app does not send any data outside of your monday. Everything is processed right in your browser so your data is safe.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Lastly, if you want to easily copy and paste columns from Excel, Google sheets, Word etc. directly into your monday columns, you might want to check out Toolkit. It does this and many more.

Also, if you want to handle duplicates, update existing items, move form responses to subitems, create dynamic subitem templates, create subitems at the click of a button and many more automatically, you might want to check out the Duplicates and Uniques app. It’s a valuable tool to have in your account.

If you have any more questions, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com
Have a wonderful day :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello team monday !

Any progress on that particular topic ? It’s quite annoying not beeing able to unlink mirror items when they are deleted ! help guys, it should have been fixed since 2020 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please fix this! Its a really important bug

1 Like