Remove the clear/delete cell icon

Would it be possible to remove the clear/delete cell icon so we don’t accidentally clear the contents of a cell? Also, since there’s no Undo function, having UI items that delete information doesn’t seem like a sensible idea.

As a design choice is baffling. Really, how often do you need to wipe out data that you have entered, and how much time do you save by using this icon instead of selecting and deleting? At least put this in the right-click menu so people can’t click it by mistake.

I’m going to reply to myself here. I just accidentally clicked the “x” button and cleared some important data, with no undo. There’s nothing in the activity log that allows me to retrieve that info.

How is this feature useful?

Omg, I have the same issue and it’s driving me crazy. I have some employees that would accidentally delete client’s phone numbers or emails and I don’t see this issue until like weeks or a month later and there’s no way to bring it back, maybe it’s possible if we dig through tons of activity history but that would take a ton of time. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and unnecessary to put an X on the cell columns in boards. Please remove it or add an ability to lock all the cells in the boards from accidental deletion.

1 Like

Good luck with that, I’ve brought it up many times with support. Also, even if you catch it instantly, many times this change is not recorded in the history, so data is lost.

I don’t understand why this is even a problem to begin with. It’s definitely not necessary.

Here are a few solutions that can solve this by Monday.com

1. Make an option to turn on/off the ability to double click on the phone number, then it’ll prompt up to make changes or delete.

2. Lock columns so people can’t mistakenly delete

3. If someone accidentally deletes, prompt up “Are you sure you want to delete this item?”

Please don’t tell me we’re the only two experiencing this issue. I’m confident there are many others who are also affected but haven’t voiced their concerns and frustrations as we have. It’s important to hear from other people so that this issue can be addressed and resolved.

I have done this many times myself. One little tip that might help is that when you click on text in the activity log, it does actually select the whole text and not just the little bit you can see there. So you can then copy and paste it back into the item.

Unless it’s a mirror cell from another board. Then you’re toast.

Really, out of all the things you could want to do with a data cell, why is LOSING THE DATA the only action available directly in the cell? And why is it hidden, waiting for you to hover over the wrong place and mistakenly click on it?

If anything, it looks like revenge from a disgrunted employee.

Yeah, I don’t understand why Monday would even let you easily just delete something that’s important without an Undo button. This is very clear that it needs to be fixed ASAP, there are some work arounds, but ultimately still doesn’t solve the initial problem, especially if that person has the correct permissions, locking the cell still has the X to easily delete things.

I don’t get it Monday…Help us out here.

As you can see, they have zero interest in fixing this.

Bump this up so it can get more attention and more votes

It seems somewhere in Monday-land there’s a developer that REALLY loves clearing cell data with that sneaky “X” button. He/she refuses to right-click to do that, no sir, that won’t do. We need the X!!! :rofl: