Reporting and tracking an active formula's value over time

Hi! Got an enigma for the formula wizards on here. I currently have a formula column that, based on a number of factors, continuously changes throughout the day as an item is updated. Then, in the chart view, I can see the sum of those numbers per person and, for context, have a unique way of tracking my team’s workload.

The good news is that the numbers stay super-current. The bad news is that I don’t have a way to record what those numbers have been in the past. So, what I’m trying to do is find a way to “snapshot” these formula sums once a day and record what that value was at a moment in time. I can then create a history for anyone to reference.

My best solution involves an automation creating a new item every day on another board. There would be a column with each person’s name and the snapshot value under it that I could track.

However, aside manually inputting those values in every day (which I would DEFINITELY like to avoid because I could never go on vacation), I can’t figure out a way to automate those snapshots and create a rolling record of those formula values. Anyone on here have any ideas?

Happy to help or answer any questions. Thanks in advance!

• Andrew

Hi Andrew!

Did you end up finding a solution to this issue?

I have not yet. Right now, my workaround is a dashboard that shows me info from one board that I can manually input into another, creating that history I talked about. Would LOVE to have it automated one day.