Request that responses in Updates have the same rich formatting options as creating new Updates

Formatting options for new Updates have the full toolbar:

For some reason, Replies only have plain text. No rich formatting :

Request the same rich formatting options in replies. And all replies should then appear at the top of my Inbox.

4 Likes

Kind of would like to be able to indent text without having to use the bullets. We like to do outlines.

We like to do outlines.

Any screenshots you can share?

No screen shots…

But we do our outlines for menu’s like this.

HOME

ABOUT

History

Content on page

Staff

Owner

Content on page

Office

Content on page

Other

SERVICES

Service One

Content on page

Service Two

Service Three

CONTACT

Content on Page

So, with Bullets we can do Main Menu and Sub Menu but not Content on page or a 3rd level of menus. We can’t even do another level of bullets if we wanted.

HOME

• 2ND LEVEL

• 3RD LEVEL

image001.png

Maybe we could have an indent like in Office?

I just noticed that the outline I created didn’t come over in the correct layout!
28%20AM
26%20AM

Same… I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run into this. And what do you guys have against color btw in your normal rich text editor? ie. I might want to highlight text / make it red… I feel like I’m back in the age of having to do crazy ASCII to highlight things in a paragraph… this isn’t the 80s! I mean SFDC was my whipping boy for 10 years for notoriously having inconsistent / weak RTE functionality… please don’t become the tallest midget!

Thanks!

I see you have just added emoji support into Replies to Updates.

That’s great although I would MUCH prefer rich formatting to be added as requested last year in this discussion.

We rarely use emojis in our office but we always use rich formatting.

Please add rich formatting to Replies to Updates.

Adding my vote. I have found the keyboard shortcuts for bold, underline, and italic in replies but bullet point / numbered lists would be really helpful too.

1 Like

Allow Markdown on posts and comments would be awesome!!!

2 Likes

Ctrl+Shift+7 - numbered list
Ctrl+Shift+8 - bullet list

3 Likes

Any short cut to add hyperlink to a text in replies?

@pokojoy26
Shortcut to hyperlink: cmd/ctrl+k
Is there any shortcut for check boxes to use inside replies?

1 Like

+1 for this feature! The backups are not great. For such a frequently used area in the product, this needs to happen! :+1:

Resorting to keyboard shortcuts for partial functionality OR typing the reply in the update box + cut-and-pasting to the reply box is too difficult for frequent use.

2 Likes

Whilst there are keyboard shortcuts for bulleted and numbered lists… there is not one for Checklists in Replies (To get around the fact there is no formatting toolbar in Replies, only in Updates)…

If Checklists were allowed in Replies, these could just aggregate the number of done and not-done checklist items up to the subitem or item for the little pie-chart symbol:

Note, I’ve tried to copy a checklist item from a dummy Update and pasted it in to a Reply - it shows visually as a checklist, but it cannot be ticked and does not aggregate to its parent (sub)item to show the x of y that are done.
Further: the pasted checklist item is initially shown visually as a checklist, but it cannot be clicked and there is no aggregation of ticked and unticked up to the (sub)item. Upon editing the reply that had the pasted checklist item - it disappears altogether.

{UPDATE}

So from testing just now - it is (currently) a bad idea to try to get around the fact that there is not a menu bar in replies to insert checklist items, as if one pastes them in (copied from a dummy update) they will:

1. not be clickable as done; and
  2. might be included in the y of “x / y is checked” little pie chart