Restrict column edit on SPECIFIC group

At the moment, the permissions that the admin is allowed to set is too simple. For example, One one board, I have a few groups. In the column, I would like my employee’s to be able to make edits to one column in a specific group, But in the other group, I don’t want to give them access to edit. At the moment, When you lock one column, it locks the column on all the groups. IF we can explain on this and be more specific on what we want to lock. We would be able to create a more effective platform.

I have a public workflow board and I have a group called “Milestone” which is a summary of specific tasks throughout the board.

There are a lot of automations and dependencies set up in the Milestone group which I do not want anyone being able to edit, comment, or change the status of this specific group only.

Is there a workaround or setting to now allow anyone to edit just this one group?

I am interested to know how to lock columns. I have sensitive data that I don’t want some staff to be able to change, but at the same time in another column I need them to mark a column as completed.
Any instructions would be greatly appreciated, thank you