Restrict people column notifications, but not automation notifications

I have a board where people are assigned for different reasons

1. the person submitting the question
  2. the person picking the question up

I don’t want notifications to go out in either of these cases when someone is assigned.

I can turn this off on a board level for every one which is great.

HOWEVER. I do then want to set an automation so someone will receive an email notification with prescribed text. I can set this up, but because i’ve turned off the board notifications to stop people receiving notifications for column assignment, this in turn means they don’t receive the automation notifications either.

Is there a way to separate out the column notifications from the automation notifications.

thanks

I agree with you ! Board notifications configuration shouldn’t stop the notification that are configure by automation.
In my case a lot of users muted notifications to keep only the notifications with “mentions” and they didnt’ receive the notification from the automations despite the notification is specific to them. That’s really a pain. Automation notifications must be improve !

1 Like

Yea I would like the same. At the moment I use a status column with names for this reason… and I read here others use the drop down column, but you need to create those and modify them everytime you want to remove/add a member. The people column is much better suited to select names, that is IF you could turn off the assignments/notifications…

This also would be very handy with my feature proposal. Maybe you can drop a vote if you like the idea: Automation: Assign whoever is in this column to that column - Feature requests - monday Community Forum

I am very interested in this issue, I have the same request! I would love to know if there is a way to separate standard email notifications and custom automated email notifications.