Running total or Cumulative sum help

Hi,

I need help with a running total formula. Each month i compare total demand vs actual delivered which i have set up a formula called pcs to recover (total demand minus actual delivered = pcs to recover). I want to have a running total which adds up pcs to recover each month in the ‘late cumulative’ column.

Figures should be 52, 79, 84, 89, 94, 99, 104, 109.

Can someone kindly help me figure this out? I have tried connect to same board and having a mirror column but i can’t get it to work.

please and thanks!

running total

Hello @keijzers !

Unfortunately formulas can only be used with information that belongs in the same line/item.

You could vizualize these in a dashboard however ! You could use a table widget to see what you see right here, and also filtered chart widgets or number widgets to see the total.

Hope this helps!

Giannis,
Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Hi Jake,

You can do it with a 3rd-party app called the Advanced Formula Booster. The Advanced Formula Booster reinvents formulas in monday.com in many ways, one of which is the ability to read and update other items like the Next, Previous, Parent, SubItems, Items in the same group, Items in the same board.

In this case, we would use the Previous and Next item. With 2 formulas and 2 automations, you can obtain the following result:

CumulativeTotals

You would need to change Pcs to recover and Late Cumulative to Numbers columns and create 2 formulas:

• one that calculates PCs to recover and Late Cumulative (a formula in AFB can update multiple columns):

• one that calculates the Next item’s Late Cumulative column:

The reason I split these column updates in 2 formulas (considering that 1 formula can update as many fields as you want) is to be able to associate each with a different automation. The first calc should be triggered when Actual Delivered changes (ie. a manual change) and the second when Late Cumulative changes (an automatic change triggered by the first formula).

2024-03-01_07-07-50

Hope it helps…