I’m trying to develop a more intuitive method for monitoring tasks, and am hoping to get the group’s input on a potential solution for a dashboard. I’m wanting to take info from a single board (eventually multiple boards, but one for now), and develop a clean display of data. Specifically, being able to view the status, due date, and owner/assignee of the parent task and ACTIVE subtask in-line. I’ve linked to a screencap mock up of what I’m trying to accomplish below, with the original board view structure, and then the desired dashboard view.
I’ve tried to get a cleaner view on my board, where I filter to show a specific status type in the subtasks, but I still have to expand a group and parent task in order to see the desired info. Ideally I would have all desired info in one clean view without having to click/expand in the board view. Any thoughts or recs? Happy to elaborate if needed. Thanks in advance!
Screenshot: Book 1.xlsx - 2023-09-12_11-16-18 - TechSmith Screencast - TechSmith Screencast
I would invite you to think of this use case a bit differently. Reason being is subitems are always going to be something you will have to expand in any view.
However, you can see the progress of the subitems and show the progression of done or all statuses by adding the summary of status from the subitem level to the parent level. How this would work.
- Go to the 3 dots of the subitem Status column.
- Click the Summary of Column option
- Move the column to where desired
- Go to 3 dots of the added column
- Specify you want All Labels
Once added, now you can alter the dashboard view:
- Add table widget (Will ave to search in More Apps)
- Go to three dots of widget > Settings
- Deselect All Columns
- Check the columns you want to see including the Status summary of Subitems.
- Now you should have what you want to see in this widget where other board with similar structure can be added.
Hope this helps and if you need more help you can reach out at the link below for a free consult to find more possibilities for your awesome business hub!
Hope this helps!
This is great! Will try. Much appreciated!
here are some of the third-party apps that you can use to create dashboards and custom views in Monday.com:
Dashboard Hub is a new app that allows you to create and share dashboards with your team. It comes with pre-built templates that you can customize, or you can create your own from scratch.
Power BI is a popular business intelligence tool that can be used to create dashboards and reports. It can connect to a variety of data sources, including Monday.com, and it offers a wide range of features for visualizing data.
Tableau is another popular business intelligence tool that can be used to create dashboards and reports. It is known for its powerful data visualization capabilities.
Google Data Studio is a free tool from Google that can be used to create dashboards and reports. It is easy to use and can connect to a variety of data sources.
i hope its help to you,
Visit us here
Something like what you’re describing is possible.
Here’s a solution, but you’d need to use an integration:
- Create a two-way connection between parent and subitems on the board.
- Use an integration (i.e. make.com or Zapier) to manage your conditions so that only one item is ever linked (i.e. the active item) to its parent.
- Mirror the data through that you describe (name, status, due date, owner).
That would help you to see what’s happening at a subitem level without expanding and looking at all the data. It’s not a bad idea!
Feel free to reach out via email@example.com if you need some help with the monday.com or make.com aspects of this solution.