Select connected boards & mirror columns limited to the user's permissions

Hi !

I have a high level board to track the workload of my team.
My team is working on different projects, so the members have access to the boards they need.
In my high level board, I have created a Group for each person, and the Items are the week numbers.
I then have Subitems for each week, for the tasks I want them to complete.
The tasks come from various connected boards which I’m owner/member.

I have a limitation due to the permissions.
My team can’t use the board to see what task (mirror column) they need to complete during the week unless they’re subscribers of ALL boards.
I can understand that the creator of the high level board (me) can only select the boards he’s a member of. And that a non member of the connected board is not allowed to see the columns (connected board, mirror colums).

But why the view is blank to my colleagues ?
Can’t they just be able to see the connected board and mirror columns they have permissions for ?

This would be more manageable, because flexible, and the permissions would be respected (you can see only what you’re allowed to).

Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

This is a critical feature that needs to be prioritized as the current set up defeats the purpose of mirrored columns. I have my accounting team set up in a workspace and my sales team set up in a separate workspace. The sales team member should be able to see when their customer has been invoiced and when their customer has paid WITHOUT seeing the full accounting board.

If mirrored columns cannot have separate permissions to enable someone from one department to see some select content from another department’s board, then consider simply adding an extra level of permission to view connected board/mirrored columns.

Placing a flag on the columns to make them viewable then adding the permission would work (when it’s a two way connection).

If it’s a one way connection, then permissions will need to be at the “column” level to make the selected columns viewable on the other board.

This was raised back in 2020 and we are now heading into the 4th year. If there is a way to do this now and I just missed the update, please share. If not, please provide details on where this feature is in the roadmap.

Thank you