Show subitems progress on total progress

Hi there!

I hope that this topic is in the right place.

My issue is that the progress and time estimate on my subitems do not show on the overall progress, status and time estimate. I love to divide my work to many tiny tasks and I would like that the progress would show in real time. I’ll insert a picture of what I mean!

Is it possible to get a bar of total status/progress/time estimate under the Subitems Status/Progress/Time Est. (blue drawings)? If that is not possible, would it be possible to mirror the info from the Subitems Status/Progress/Time Est. to the main Status/Progress/Time Est., so the progress would show in the total bar (pink drawings)? Thank you!

2 Likes

hi @mmiljaa

Welcome to the community. The exact thing you are looking for (column summaries for subitems) does not exists. However there is a nice feature shown below. In the column setting (in your subitems) you can click “Show Summary on Parent Item” and that will create a a column in your parent item that is automatically connected to your subitems. Would that help?

It did not help me. I am looking for the same exact feature as the OP. I believe in order to keep a true track on the progress of the parent company, it must take into account its sub items progress. As one works their way through their sub item tasks, the true progress of the parent task would then be shown.

3 Likes

This can’t be too hard to implement? Just divide the parent item’s progress log by number of subitems?
And when subitems Status is set to “done” add percentage to parent items progress log.

1 Like

@CHRfreeIST @Kiper @mmiljaa if an add-on is an option, I suggest taking a look at the Analytics & Reports by Screenful that allows tracking progress of subitems in addition to the top level items. Here’s an example of a table chart displaying rolled up values from subitems:

Each row in the table is a top level item, and the columns are displaying rolled up metrics from the subitems. The progress bar can be used to show the completion percentage of the subitems. The columns are configurable so you can roll up any of the available metrics from subitems.

Learn more about rolling up values from subitems, or give it a try with your own data by signing up for a free trial.