Single Automation to Create Subitems Based on all Values in a Dropdown Column

I’d like to see a single automation recipe that allows individual subitems to be created based on what’s been populated in a Dropdown column.

Eg: We have a dropdown column that includes labels for 45 Paid Social Media asset types. When our Production team receive this task and the Dropdown selection, I’d like to automate 1 subitem for each asset type selected.

My current solution for this is to setup individual automations to create a subitem based on a dropdown selection, however having 45 automations with the same trigger often causes problems with these actions being completed. It’s not a reliable solution as often subitems are missed due to the quantity of automations being triggered at once.

Hey @Samo

We developed an app called subitem automations that’s can solve this use case using statuses instead of dropdowns. Here’s how it could work -

Phase A → Use this automation to create subitems based on the name of the status (what you have in dropdown as of today)

Phase B → Set automated values based on the item name taken from phase A (status label). Showing 2 examples but there are more.

Or you can mirror values from the parent item →

You can find it in the monday.com marketplace in the platform or here - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

Hope that helps!