Start and end time in date column

As soon as an start time is selected, and the column is in sync with your calendar it shows 1 hour in the calendar.
This, in some cases can work wuite confusing, because this specific item (pulse) can represent a workshop of 3 hours.
Being able to select an end time would solve that.

1 Like

Hi Monday-team.

This is also a feature we can use in our work, as we have the same problem.
Do you have an update if this will be integrated?

Thanks!

3 Likes

This is a major pain point for my teams as well. We are using boards with Date columns to track events that are, almost always, last longer than 1 hour. The Outlook sync is great ā€” except that all Outlook calendar items created through Monday.com are only 1 hour long ā€” which is inaccurate 99% of the time. Additionally, because the synced items are from an ā€œinternet calendarā€, the items are Read-Only in Outlook and, thus, cannot be adjusted in Outlook either. Sooooo, it would be FANTASTIC if there was a duration column in Monday.com that could be connected to Date columns ā€” or if there was an end time in the current Date columns.

This would be a HUGE help!

7 Likes

Hello,

Is this feature getting any love from the Monday dev. team? Iā€™ve been waiting for this feature, or a workaround, for months now.

One addition to the request: Iā€™d like to be able to have a hours/number column that represents the time needed for the task/pulse. So if the due date (schedule in this case) is set to 9 am, and the number/hour column has 2.5, the task/pulse in the calendar view would show the hours correctly. I.E: 9 to 11.30.

Is this possible already somehow?

5 Likes

Iā€™m dying to see this option! Our ICS having problems if there is no end-time on the project.

3 Likes

This would solve a lot of my Calendar issues and Board formatting issues.

Not to mention will save me time having to edit and input two different Columns.

Please make this one work

2 Likes

This is critical!
There is no way to properly schedule an event on the calendar.

In my case, I am trying to schedule training classes which typically extend multiple days and sometimes even start/stop at different times on each day. I would love to see a more advanced Date and/or Timeline Column that allows multiple date entries, repeating dates, and start/stop times.
This could easily look similar to how google calendar or outlook allows reoccurring date scheduling. To go above and beyond, the scheduler could allow different start/stop times on different days of the week.

I love the Monday product! and all the recent feature additions, but there is a long way to go to address everyoneā€™s use cases. Surprisingly, some of the most basic features are still not here.

Hope to see something like this soon.

Thanks!

8 Likes

We are trialing Monday.com at my work and I need this feature so I can use the software like a Google calendar to allocate time to various tasks. Say I have a task that Iā€™ve estimated as 3hrs, I want to allocate that to 2-5pm on a given day. OR I have a task estimated at 12hrs that I want to allocate in four 3hr blocks across days where it will fit (or one 4hr, one 2hr and one 6hrā€¦).

Without this function Monday.com doesnā€™t do what I need a productivity suite to do and the work to set up integration with my Google and Outlook calendars is pointless.

2 Likes

Hey @JamesDi,

Ivan here from the monday.com team! Thanks so much for writing in with this feedback and at the moment, while it currently isnā€™t possible to set an hourly range for items within a date column. This is really awesome feedback that Iā€™ve just gone ahead and passed to our product team for them to review and consider.

In the meantime, as a workaround, maybe you could set up your board with two date columns, one for Start Date and another for End Date:

Then, in the Calendar View, you could view a time boundary for the item?

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reply and suggested workaround.

I think it would be necessary to set the end time as 1hr, or in the displayed example 1/2hr before the actual end so that the space that the label takes up in the calendar view actually ends at the end time. If that makes any senseā€¦ Iā€™m guessing this 1/2hr vs 1hr distinction depends on the standard size of the label. As you can see I am a novice.

I suspect I am not the only person who could use this functionality & Iā€™d be interested to know if your team is looking to develop it. The other person from my organisation trialing Monday.com likes it, but at the moment I am going to have to try the tasks function in Outlook to meet my needs, or perhaps Ticktick.

James

Ivan,

This feature of start and end time will make task managing so much simpler and organized.
Is this something you are working on at all?

3 Likes

I was actually just looking for this very feature.

We have tasks that take place within critical time periods - time range for start and end would help us stay organized.

1 Like

Hi! I also need this. We sync with Google Calendar and the column that we sync with only shows the event for 1 hour, so we then have to go into Google Calendar to adjust the time frame - which kind of renders this function as moot.

1 Like

Trying to revive this thread, seems like there would be so much usefulness for this feature and seems like it should be relatively straightforward to implement. Ivanā€™s suggested workaround isnā€™t terrible, but doesnā€™t achieve the automation that many of us are looking for. Iā€™m not a software engineer, but it seems like it would be and achievable goal to modify the options for the Date column to have another option for ā€œend timeā€ or to modify the timeline field to allow for start and finish times.

5 Likes

Hi, it looks like Iā€™m a bit late to the party but here to nudge the Monday team on this integration as it would be super helpful for my business team. We schedule calls/meetings from anywhere between 20 mins and 4 hours so the auto-populate feature for Google Calendar with the ability to adjust the duration of the time would be awesome! Otherwise, we canā€™t really take advantage of the feature. Hopefully we get an update to this feature soon!

1 Like

This would be a really powerful feature so we could use to schedule our tasks and day.

The suggestion on the link below to use the calendar view to visualise tasks isnā€™t very useful to manage a dayā€™s work without this feature.

6 Likes

it would be very helpful if we had start and end time.
If it is not possible to add end time field in the date column, would it be possible to add a ā€˜durationā€™ field?
We are having the same issue reported by others: it does not make sense for us to have 1-hour slots in the calendar when data is exported to Outlook

2 Likes

This would be HUGE for us. We have varying schedules and we need to set how long the events will be so staff can see it easily in their outlook calendars. Does this feature have an anticipated release date?

1 Like

No, not that i know of. Unfortunately there has been no response from monday to this feature request for a long time. I am really hoping for an implementation as well

Hi all!

Ivan here again from the monday.com team! Thanks so much for following up here and providing us with this valuable feedback. We are still building out support for this feature and we can definitely hear where youā€™re coming from regarding how impactful this feature could be!

Iā€™ve just added an additional piece of feedback and sent it over directly to our Product Team! We are continuing to improve on our platform and your feedback here really helps us iterate on our product! Iā€™d love to advocate for this feature on my behalf and Iā€™m hopeful that this can be added in the near future!

4 Likes