Start and end time in date column

Just noting again that this is not a feature request. This is a problem. The Calendar View function shown in this screen capture just does not work.

1 Like

Hey! I am sorry you are having trouble using it! I will try to look in and see if others have been having this issue. If it still is not resolved please let me know!

Hi! After looking more into this. I believe the issue is that the date column only supports 30 min blocks and since the timeline column does not support hours, there isn’t a way to reflect events longer than 30 mins or spanning multiple days on the calendar view. which is where it seems you may be running into an issue. We understand this is an issue for many and are working on a solution and are considering different ways to go about this. Will keep the community updated and I would suggest seeing what type of workarounds and solutions exist in the community as well! If you still are having an issue and think it may be a problem with your account etc, feel free to reach out to support!

2 Likes

+1 for this to be added. Just spent a few hours building boards just to come to a halt with this problem.

1 Like

Just checking back in a year later to see what progress has been made on this. Every calendar app in existence has this feature so it’s fairly surprising that a web application based on time management can’t show time blocks on specific days?

2 Likes

Hi, We thought we could use Monday to manage an entire hour-by-hour TV production workflow and view it in a Gantt view. But Monday doesn’t seem capable of handling something as simple and important as managing time by the minute over the 24 hours of a day. Disappointing, we are looking for an alternative application and we will leave Monday.

1 Like

adding my vote on this one.

Hey Dub! There is actually a way you are able to work around this by using some great time tracking apps on monday. com. Someone from the team would be happy to have a quick chat or call and find a way around the roadblocks you’re running into. I will send you a DM through the community private message feature and set up a time to speak. Looking forward to speaking and resolving this!

i feel unheard on this. So many messages on this topic. All we need is a start and end time on the period column and a way to display this in the callendar app. It is not a time tracking issue but a sceduling feature that is missing in Monday. Seems easy enough to resolve

2 Likes

Hey Kamiel,
I just spoke with the team and we are working on a solution for this. We hope to be able to give an update soon on the status. We do agree and understand the need for this!

2 Likes

I too would like to see the ability for specifying the length of the Meetings. Or be able to set the default value in the Column Settings. Having an item created in my Outlook Calendar for 30mins isn’t true to life. It also means if you are looking at the Resource Management it doesn’t give a true reflection of the PM’s workload as these are only showing 30min meetings.

1 Like

Reading through this thread and it has been 4 years since it was raised as an issue. Is there any timeframe yet on a resolution? This is the only thing missing from Monday that would make it a usable platform for all parts of our business.

1 Like

Still waiting for this. Still paying for two completely different, disconnected products to poorly replace this one feature.

1 Like

Please add an End Time to the Date column type. The functionality is already there to display a Start Time on the calendar. Surely the change to add an end time and display the time range on the calendar would be a very small piece of work. People have been desperate for this function for over 4 years going off the various threads about it

3 Likes

I read the entire thread and did not see a solution. We use Google Calendars for the sync.
Calendly is the reason why this is vital. We need our tasks to appear as blocked time on the calendars at our firm. We send calendar invites to clients using Calendly. If the tasks do not match the actual duration, then our clients will either make appointments that conflict with our blocked time or will not be able to make an appointment because a blocked time for one hour is actually less than one hour so time that would otherwise be available is not.
Automation and calendar apps are the difference between 2019 and 2023. It’s time to solve this.
I have been trying Monday.com but we will not extend it for use by our team if this problem is not solved.

2 Likes

What Anthony says here is key - this situation causes severe problems. It is not just a missing feature it causes serious problems for organizations because of the default event time. We have elaborate work-arounds and need to apologize for this flaw constantly with our partners.

1 Like

Hi Community! I am excited to share that product team is working on this feature and it is now on the roadmap. We know that this is a very important feature for many and are planning to release it soon. You can read more about what it means when a feature is marked as “on roadmap” here.

Your voice is important to us. Read this topic to learn more about our new feature request process!

6 Likes

This one sparks joy

2 Likes

Greatest news of the day!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!
2023-05-19_16-43-10

3 Likes