Strict workflow / process / blueprint - to follow

An Admin should have the ability to create a “workflow” or “blue print” (call it what ever you like) in a board, for all the items to follow and we should be able to control all automations that happens in the board according to this workflow. Pretty much like Jira`s workflows, Zoho’s Blueprints.

We should be able to control how one item goes from one state to another, for example if My Statuses are “In review” “Approval” “In Progress” “Done”, one item should not be able to go from “In review” to “In progress” without going through “Approval”. Also we should be able to force the filling of a field before changing to the next Status.

I guess that is already being implemented with the upcoming “Workflows”. Hope the feature gets released soon, though. Once Monday becomes more complex in a team, it’s pretty easy to get lost amidst the automations.

Hi @Admeirel,

What do you mean be “upcoming workflows”? is there an announcement about this?

There was an announcement in the middle of 2022 in the Facebook community page, then it was more or less shown in the Elevate 2022 monday conference as a new feature for 2023.
Probably it will be available between the end of Q1 and Q2 - but that’s my hope!

@Julietteb, @CXS, @CSG, @BiancaT any info about this?

2 Likes

There is an app available in the App Marketplace called Workflow (by Sptonik) that has this functionality.

Thanks @Kristinemd13

Yes, I have seen it before, but there a three reasons I don’t like it:

1. Since is not a monday.com native functionality, you need to open the pulse and update in the dateails page, I want to be able to modify it without opening.

2. I beleive this feature is a must for monday.com since competition have it and we should not pay for this extra.

3. I want this workflows to work within a workspace, not just one board.

@elcloche I agree with all of your points. Who knows how long this might take to get prioritized let alone delivered. That’s the tricky part, purchasing & integrating apps for an unknown amount of time.

1 Like