Help on setting up monday.com for Approval Process

Is anyone using Monday.com to manage approvals? If so how are you using file management, assignment workflow and final docs?

1 Like

I would be very interested in hearing how others are using Monday for this as well, specifically in regard to the file management portion of approval processes.

We currently use Monday for a variety of “lightweight” approval processes just using checkboxes, and automations to ping others (teams or people) when its their turn for review (Monday has been GREAT for that). But I say “lightweight” because our document-based approval processes are still rooted in legacy SharePoint workflows, since they involve PDF markups/edits and version control/auditing capabilities from SP. I’ve always wondered how Monday could be leveraged for this kind of thing, if at all. So along with Kimberly, I too am interested to hear if anyone is pushing the envelope w/ Monday specifically for document-based approval processes.

1 Like

This is a question I have asked a couple of times. Version tracking is of course extremely important for designers of all industries. Up to now there isn’t any way to version track with the ability to lock out downloading existing versions. The way I make sure that the latest version is always downloaded is I reply to an amendment update from my client with proof attached and include the latest version of the artwork. The latest update is defaulted to the top. I hope that MONDAY come up with a solution for this soon. The system is brilliant apart from this. Also to have the ability to mark up directly onto MONDAY to return would be amazing.

1 Like

If Monday developed this I believe they would be unstoppable.

Kimberly

1 Like

Hey folks, great conversation so far and thank you for your ideas on this front. I’d also like to welcome @mdowell and @Glen to the Community!

Managing iterative document approval is something that’s most definitely on our team’s radar, and something for which we hope to have a smoother solution in the future. While I can’t provide a solid ETA, it’s something we look forward to developing along with the rest of our platform.

If you’ve got further suggestions, ideas, or even mockups of how you’d like this to look, let me know and I’ll happily discuss with my team! Thanks everyone!

1 Like