Subitem Automation - Due Date isn't Populating

Hi There,

I am having trouble with getting my automatically created subitem due date to populate.
An example of the custom automation I created is:

When an item is created set Date to today

• and then from there, the next automation is:

When an item is created create a sub item and push Date by 1 day and create a sub item and push Date by 4 days and create a sub item and push Date by 2 days and create a sub item and push Date by 3 days

For example if I add an item for today (Mar 5th) the second automation adjusts the items due date to Mar 15th (which is correct for the sequence of subitems) but NO due date auto-populates within the actual subitem line which means I at this point have to manually put in the dates… how do I get them to autopopulate?

Hi @jfukumoto ! Christina here from monday.com. It looks like nobody has responded to your post yet, so I wanted to follow up.

When using an automation to create items or subitems, if you would like a date to auto-populate you will need to input the specific date when you set up the automation:

Once the subitems are created, if you need to move the dates you could use the Batch Actions feature to shift out multiple subitem dates all at once.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for posting!
Christina

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.