We have a board for regular meetings. Each meeting is an Item. Each topic in a meeting is a subitem. When we cannot bring a topic to closure in a meeting, we set its status to “postponed”. We want each postponed topic to be automatically added to the next meeting.
Meetings are set in advanced, so the items already exist, and may already contain some topics (subitems).
I think this functionality could be achieved with an automation that would trigger when the status of the subitem is changed to “postponed”, and then:
- duplicates the subitem
- move the subitem to the next meeting (items are enumerated)
- set the status of the new subitem to “pending”
Much more elegant would be to:
itemwith the values from the triggering subitem and a status of “pending”.
As I understand, none of this is currently possible. So my questions are:
- Is there another way we could achieve this?
- What are the best practices for managing meetings with monday?
- Are we ever going to be able to programmatically manipulate subitems?