Subitems deleted when pulse was moved to a different board

I have a bunch of task boards that all have the same layout in different workspaces. The idea was to easily be able to move a task from one board to another should a different team need to continue working on it. The problem is that if I move a pulse that has sub-items, all of those sub-items are removed and I have to recreate them. There was already a subitem column created the destination board, those sub-items should transfer with the pulse.

Wij hebben inderdaad hetzelfde probleem. Hoe kunnen wij de subitems mee dupliceren?

I believe this has been covered in a few other community threads but just want to re-affirm my vote for this to be sorted out. I’ve also had this problem when trying to move tasks with sub-items from one board to another and losing the sub-items data. We depend a lot on our automations for moving tasks to different boards and now are completely restricted on what we can do due to sub-items (a feature which has been a welcomed addition and one we are now actively using).

Do we have any ETA when a fix for this would be implemented as I will assume this may be a highly requested fix and something that should have been acknowledged when building sub-items knowing your community use automations and multiple boards.

1 Like

It’s on the Subitems Map, but looks to be a bit down the list, so you might have to find an interim workaround.

https://view.monday.com/480751376-c22b2fe6c069076f55f20289b4d3f04f

1 Like

Just want to upvote this thread. This should be an essential feature of sub-item. I built a process that so heavily relies on sub-items and imagine my horror when I discovered I wouldn’t be able to move this project to the next board.

Next best thing I can think to do is duplicate my whole board and delete the items I don’t want or need on the copy.

Just want to echo everyone else’s thoughts on this. The sub-items are a great addition and my team changed our process to include sub-items then found out we can’t copy them over.

Upvoting this. So much time wasted re-inputting subitems; would be life-changing to have subitems be able to transfer between boards and frankly don’t understand why it is taking so long to add this feature. Everyone at Monday is doing an amazing job but this is a basic feature that should be added ASAP. Thank you so much!

Hi all- Megan here from monday! Wanted to say that I love to hear how you are utilizing subitems and we understand how crucial subitems are to workflows. Luckily this feature update is on our product roadmap for subitems.

As updates come available we will continue to keep you informed.

Hey everyone, Orit here from monday team.
I’m happy to share that we’ve fixed this issue and from now on you shouldn’t encounter this issue when moving subitems to a different board.
Thank you for your feedback!