SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 - Monday API

Hi,

I´m trying to get complete values from a board (using API v2), o get message using the API Playground with the code bellow (i got the message: “SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0”, can you help me?

{
boards(ids: 1123411782) {
id
name
items(limit: 32) {
id
group {
id
title
}
name
created_at
column_values {
id
title
text
}
}
}
}

Hello @difer300 ,
Can you post the code you are trying to use to query the values? Your query code looks correct but maybe, how you are passing it to the monday.com API might be incorrect. Can you post your code here?

Hi,

I’m not using code. I’m trying to get the data form the Try API in Monday (monday.com) but I’m getting the error there.

Any idea?

This is strange because I copied and pasted your code in the playground and it works as seen in the attached image. Do you mind clearing everything in the left panel and copy and pasting the code again. It might help. Maybe you have a character somewhere which preventing the JSON from correctly parsing.

I’m thinking that maybe the problem is more related to the data in the dashboard because I tested with a limit of 5 and it worked fine. But when I tried with limit 32 throw the error again.

So maybe the problem is more related to the data in the dashboard, any idea about what data could generate this error?

If that is the case, then there is a problem because that shouldn’t happen. You might want to write to appsupport@monday.com about your problem.

2 Likes

Could you try running that query from the API playground in the developers section of your monday.com account?

You can find it at https://your-monday-account.monday.com/apps/playground.

Seems like a weird bug to me, out of curiosity, what browser are you using?

@difer300

That does seem really odd! If you can, I’d really appreciate an email from you with further detail about the query via the email that @kolaai mentioned. We’ll be able to troubleshoot in further depth from there :slight_smile:

I also agree with @aalnussairi - it might make sense to run the same query via Postman, and via the Developer’s section API Playground to see if you can reproduce the same result there.

Thank you for the help troubleshooting here, @kolaai and @aalnussairi! I appreciate your accurate and helpful input.

@difer300, I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon! :slight_smile:

-Alex

Hi Alex,

I tried via API Playground but I got the same result:

I tested too via Postman but the result was time out:

I already sent the email to support and I’m waiting for a response. Thanks for all your help!

@difer300

Hmm, that does seem quite odd. We timeout all requests that take longer than 1 minute to complete, so that explains the behavior here a bit further. Depending on the number of columns in your board (it could be 200, for example), the request could take a long time, even for a relatively low number of items.

Do you happen to know how many columns there are on your board? I’ll take a look at the email you’ve sent as well, let’s continue investigating this there :slight_smile:

-Alex