Tag Automations

Is there any way I’m missing to automate tag additions for new items?

I’d like new items created in specific groups to have a tag automatically created in the tags column. It doesn’t look there are any tag automations available.

7 Likes

Hey @aaron.mc, at the moment there’s no way to automate tag additions for new items. Could you elaborate on why you were looking to do this—where it would it fit into your workflow? I’d love to see if we could brainstorm a workaround, like using the status column instead.

1 Like

Our marketing agency has regular monthly clients on retainer that have various needs for graphic design, print, website revisions, articles, etc.

We have separate boards for each client with groups based on the type of task (creative, website, content, video production, etc) but the challenge there is for my creative team to be able to see all creative work across all boards. So we were going to try to use tags as a way to accomplish this through search everything, so I was hoping to automate a “#creative” tag for anything added to a creative group on a client’s board.

Honestly, the use case for this is a workaround for the lack of features in the My Week area. If we had a timeline calendar view in My Week or if the dashboard limits didn’t exist I wouldn’t need this.

My team struggles with seeing all of their assigned work across all boards prior to the date it’s due.

1 Like

Automation for Tags in emails sent to Boards

If #tag was included anywhere in the body of an email sent to a Board, it would be great if there was an automation that added the #tag to the TAGS column.

1 Like

I work in a creative production environment with two major teams:
- Client/Account Exec (Traffic): Owns the Parent Jobs / Enters the child production items required to complete the job
- Production (Creative): Takes ownership of the child production items until completed

We quickly found subitems to be restrictive for our creative production team as there was no way for them to quickly view all their assigned subitems in one view without them being separated/collapsed under the parent job. Lots of clicking and scrubbing up and down between separate jobs.

We solved it by creating all the child items in a different board and linking everything by adding the parent Item ID as (what we call) a JobLink (using a tags field) before triggering the creation of a child items in a separate board.

We simply click on the JobLink (in either the parent item or the child items) to have the tag search assemble the entire job for us in one view. Problem solved!

…Now to start saving time by automating the manual cut & paste:
We would love to save a step and have our dedicated “JobLink” field in the parent board autopopulate with the Item ID as a tag.

It would be amazing if the “Item Default Values” interface could somehow accept formulas.

4 Likes

I am interested in TAG Automations as well.

My use case is the following. If I add an item to a group, add the tag. That way I can enforce the team to TAG the items correctly.

2 Likes

We are also interested in Tag automations. One of the use cases on our platform is creating so called talking points from a given text or document. We can output those talking points as tags allowing users tag content based on machine understanding of text avoiding taxonomy or categorisation conflicts between units.

But they can’t do anything with tags. Simple use case would be detecting if the user feedback or support tickets has some key phrase like “billing” or “invoice”, convert it into a tag and move it to another board where Billing and Invoice tickets are handled.

There are a lot more use cases, but we really miss tag automations.

P.S. Here is the description how our system generates tags for talking points:

Hey all! Thanks for sharing the feedback!! I would recommend posting it here so that our team will take a look: Tags in automations and forms - #5 by JTC

I would love this. When people request a report I need to be able to go back and search for all the requests but when I search [REQUESTED] (which is the actual status) in the search everything the search pulls up literally everything even things that start with req. in the line items. If there was an automation that was automatically added when a status changes then you could just search tags and that would be the ONLY thing that pops up. But I cannot expect my technicians in the field to change that tag every time they go in to request a report, which is already pulling teeth to get them to do!

Hey @Johnsa9 :wave:

As mentioned above, the best spot to show your support for this feature would be to vote on and comment on this post here: Tags in automations and forms

Our Product team takes user feedback very seriously, so we definitely encourage you adding your own posts for any other features you would like to see changed/added in the future if you can’t find an existing feedback post for it! You can post here: Feature Feedback

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jenna

I’m sorry I tried to find this but it’s very confusing… It says “search for topics” so that’s what I did!! This whole community page is not very user friendly.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.