Templating info boxes?

Hi Monday.com!

I have created a board which is broken down into different phases of a creative project. Phase 1 is briefing the team regarding an upcoming project. Inside Phase 1, I am able to create an item (which would be the name of the project). When I click on that item, the dialog window opens up, which includes the ‘Updates’, ‘Info Boxes’ and 'Activity log.

Our projects have certain recurring key requirements that we add inside ‘Info Boxes’. So instead of me creating those info boxes every single time there is a new project, and add in those info boxes, I was wondering if there is a way to template this? Think of it like a JIRA ticket?

looking forward to hearing from you! :slight_smile:

Jawad

Hey @jawad

Thanks for adding your request here :slight_smile: and welcome to the community!

Can I ask if the info boxes are usually text or file based? I might have another solution!

Cheers,
Julia

Hi @Julia-monday.com!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

The info boxes will be both, text/numbers and files (HTML5/Javascript (zipped), JPEGs/PNGs etc).

Looking forward to hearing your solution!

Thanks!
Jawad

Hey

Of course!

The solution I thought of doesn’t include files but just text/numbers.

The solution is that you can add an automation so that when an item is created, it adds automatically an update which you have pre-configured.

The recipe is still in beta but I can check if I can grant it to you for testing.

Regarding keeping files in every new item, right now we don’t have a solution for that.

Would keeping an item at the top of the board which has all of the files which you need for every new project in template format help?

Thanks
Julia

Hi @Julia-monday.com,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am wondering if a screenshot would help you understand this a bit better. Please see attached.

As you can see, these are the info boxes (Advertiser name, Meeting Notes etc) that, I am hoping, can be pre-configured every single time an item is created. One of our team members, will then go in and fill out these boxes with the relevant content.

If there is an automation option that would help me do this, that would be great. Let me know what you need from me, in order, to grant me that feature.

2 Likes

Hi @Julia-monday.com,

Any updates on this?

Thanks!
Jawad

Hi Everyone, my team would like to be able to have template that populates the Info Boxes. This template would be specific to each board. We use the info box to write the requirements for the item / task. We have different types of requirements for different boards, so having a template pre populate into the info box would be great. Currently we are copy and pasting from a sample item Info Box. This would be an awesome feature for us and I am sure many others would benefit from it also. Thanks!

Hey @Bronwyn
I moved your request to here since it was an open topic already!

You can vote for the request here as well!

Cheers
Julia

Hey @jawad

Right now we don’t have this feature and it’s not on our roadmap.

I’m going to pass this along to our product team though to help them to understand yours and other’s needs for this feature.

Thanks for sharing and keep the requests coming! :slight_smile:

P.s. if you would like to share how you use monday.com, don’t forget about our “monday.com for” category which is a great way to share the different ways you’re using monday.com with others and learn helpful tips from other users!!

Thanks so much @Julia-monday.com and I have voted!

Great suggestion @jawad!

1 Like

@Julia-monday.com Could this update include a checklist? We will have re-occuring items [Example: Webinar Prep] where I was hoping to leverage the Update Checklist option to keep track of the tasks that need to be completed in order for this item to be done. There are multiple webinars so ideally, I would love to be able to select a templated item so I don’t have to re-type the list each time.

Open to any insights and/or work arounds.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Automation to add update WITH checklist template

Hey @Jorma

I think this might be a totally different request. I understand you want the automation which creates an update inside an item on creation, to include the option for pre-templated checklists? I think this would go to the automations team as a request so I’m going to create a new topic for this one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you end up getting a solution to this?

Please update on templating the info boxes? It just doesn’t makes sense to copy and paste it for every item in same board…

Example : We have Job Recruitment board. And we ask questions from candidates at 3 levels of interviews. So in Q&As we have 3 boxes. Now its good for 1st item. But all new candidates… we have to manually create them again OR copy existing tasks and replicate it!

Hello @Julia-monday.com

I am currently preparing a workflow where I create one entry in a board each time we need to create a new object in our company. Among the various information entered in the columns, there is one which I’d like to pre-fill with a template describing the mandatory information to share.

Today, I use a Long text field and use the description to put the “template”. This means that the user registering the new entry (request) will need to copy/paste the text from the description inside the field of the same column.

If this field could get the template at the creation of the item, this would save time and make the process safer.

Thanks.
+1 for the Vote

1 Like

Has anyone discovered a way to automate a template of Notes under Info Boxes?

@Julia-monday.com is there an update on templating info boxes for boards?

@Julia-monday.com any update on this, we would also like this feature