Timeline Widget Grouped by Person - Is there a way to define the People who appear?

We have a timeline widget connected to several boards. The dashboard view is filtered using a specific column from all the boards titled “TEAM”. The “TEAM” column is used to identify the primary team responsible for the item to complete and deliver to the client. In many cases the same project can have items that the main team is responsible for along with items that are the responsibility of the support teams, which we designed another column titled “SECONDARY TEAM” to identify those to be worked on by other teams with primary management and oversight by the primary team.

If I have both the TEAM and SECONDARY TEAM fields populated the timeline widget for the Group by People almost all the engineers in the company not just those for the specific team filtered.

Last week I cleared the “TEAM” column for each item where there is a “SECONDARY TEAM” assigned, by making this change and creating another version of the timeline dashboard the selections in the Group column by People were filtered down to almost only those people to complete the work where only the “TEAM” was populated on the Board.

The drawback to the above change is the primary team requires a second timeline be built to have visibility to all the items of a project they are responsible for both completing and monitoring. The second timeline dashboard created filters only on the “SECONDARY TEAM” column and here as well is closer to only showing the People in the Group column assigned to those items with the SECONDARY TEAM populated in the connected board.

Looking to see if there other options I have not identified to have the Group of people listed in the Timeline dashboard as only those that are part of the team being filtered?
Before opening new topics, first please search to check if someone else has already asked the question! Make sure to use at least 2 tags that describe your topic so that others can easily find your topic and join the conversation.

Hi @epitt88 :wave:

Are you using the People column type for the TEAM and SECONDARY TEAM columns in your boards and using the account/user features to define your teams?

Peta | Upstream Tech
peta@upstreamtech.io
+613 9067 5611
Chat with Peta

No, both the TEAM and SECONDARY TEAM columns are text fields.

To confirm if I assign user accounts to a created team I could then change the column type for both to People and be able to select the team when defying the group for the timeline?

1 Like

Hi @epitt88 :wave:

Sorry I missed your response! Yes - I recommend using a people column and structuring teams in your admin settings. Let me know if you get stuck!

Peta | Upstream Tech
peta@upstreamtech.io
+613 9067 5611
Chat with Peta