Toggle automation emails from Update section on/off

Hey there,

I have created some really great automations on my Creative Workflow board which notify Requestor when different milestones in their request have been met based on the status of the task. However, every automated email gets added to the Task Update Conversation which is creating a lot of unnecessary noise. Does anyone know if its possible to remove those automated emails from the Task Update Conversation? Thanks in advance!

Denise

Hello. We are having the same issue. Were you able to resolve this? Thank you.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to figure it out so I removed the automated emails altogether because they were causing way too much noise in the feed.

Thank you for the update.

Dear Community Members,

I’d like to bring up a suggestion regarding our current automation email system. Currently, every time an email is sent out via automations, it automatically generates an update without the user’s consent. I believe it would greatly benefit our users to have the option to toggle this feature on or off.

This is a straightforward request that could be easily implemented, and it would help prevent the inadvertent spamming of users who prefer not to have their inboxes filled with automation updates. Additionally, this would reduce the likelihood of users missing important updates amidst the noise of automation notifications.

While I understand that certain notifications can be turned off, it’s essential to consider that many users are not constantly engaged with our platform, especially during weekends or off-hours. Constantly bombarding them with notifications can lead to frustration.

I kindly request that our team explore the possibility of implementing this feature. Your feedback and consideration are greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

Hi,
it would be great to have an option of hiding the automation generated updates from an items update feed. Either a filter option for showing updates from say specific users (inc automation) or just a tick to hide the automation generated ones.
Reason for this is we use 365 email intgration to send emails on a lot of our boards, mostly for chasing when dates are due but each time they trigger that email gets added to the update feed of the item. Not an issue in itself as it gives a nice audit trail but when you need to look at human generated updates to an item, especially long standing items, they can be hundreds of automation generated entries making it really hard and time consuming to find the updates added by users.

Seems to me something others would really benefit from.

Thanks
Mike

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’d like to express my support for the implementation of this necessary feature as well.

Additionally, it’s important to mention that integrating an automation which triggers an email every time the Task Update Conversation is updated WILL lead to a continuous loop. This could result in each email update causing another update in the conversation, and vice versa, creating an endless cycle. This issue would require us to deactivate the integration to stop it.

1 Like

The ability to toggle this per board would be amazing. We have contracted individuals as guests on our accounts to share information and provide real time updates in a centralized location.
We want to start using the Outlook integration on the board we share with them, but I don’t want them to have a notification every time we automatically send an email to a customer.
The ability to turn this off would greatly expand our ability to control who sees what. Please consider this!

1 Like

I also support the request to be able to toggle automation emails on/off or put them in a separate section under Updates. It makes it very difficult to find the relevant updates on an item when there are literally hundreds of automation email updates cluttering the update thread. This would be super helpful!

Desperately needing this to be implemented as I have ‘viewers’ that i want to receive an email, but do not want them reading updates on an item.

This would be so helpful! I have an issue where, for GDPR purposes I wish to delete all identifying personal information from an item after 3 months but keep the demographic data for 2 years for reporting. At. the moment I can clear the columns on the item of personal data but the item conversation is still full of automated updates which include email addresses and names etc.

If we could toggle the settings so as NOT to record those emails it would eliminate the need to delete them, currently manually, which is VERY time consuming.