Transfer Ownership of Individual Automations

You can currently transfer ownership of automations from one person to another, but it requires you to transfer all automations a person owns. We have someone who created automations on our team’s board and other boards - now they are leaving our team, but staying within the company. Therefore, they no longer need access to our board, but turning off their access turns off their automations. If we transferred the ownership of all their automations to someone who has access to our board, it would break automations they created on other boards. Therefore, it should be easy to transfer ownership of a single automation to someone else.

I agree! This would also be really helpful if you have team members who don’t understand the automations as much. You could create one for them, then transfer it to them so you don’t get all the notifications from your automation.

Yes, this is an unfortunate bit of programing. I work on a team of 3-4 contractors, all of which are working to bring our organization up to speed with using monday.com to manage various aspects of our business. Now I am just seeing that automations that were made by another admin are not accessible to other team members for fine-tuning through editing.

This is a major hassle, as our owner comes in periodically to help the process along, then is swept away again into the business dealings necessary to keep us going. So he’s all the way busy, and I am stressed because I can not make simple changes to existing automations that he started.

Please open up the accessibility of your software so that teams can be accommodated!