Trello Integration - is status supported?

Hi everyone,

we are using the Trello integration to have our clients’ requests bundled in monday.
However the most important feature of Trello - namely having a quick overview by status - appears not to be synced to monday. When setting up the integration I also couldn’t really figure out which of the options is supposed to be the status.
I would really appreciate some help so the Trello status is mirrored in monday.

Also: I am not sure whether this integration is a two-way-sync. As I unterstand it, only changes made in Trello are carried over to monday. Is that correct?

Thanks for any help in advance!

1 Like

Hey there, which integration are you using? Monday.com’s native integration?

Hi jillian,

How can I tell? I added the integration via the integration tab in my monday Board.

That means you are probably using their native integration! To learn more about the integration, I would contact the Monday team.

An alternative solution would be the company I work for, Unito. We create two-way integrations between Monday and Trello, with status being a field you can sync. You can read about it here -

I hope either solutions are of help to you, and you find what suits your needs :slight_smile:

thank you Jillian, another subscription is unfortunately not what we want.

1 Like

Hi @dk_NFroehlich! I’d love to provide some clarity around what is supported in the native trello integration with monday.com.

When it comes to the trello integration, the following fields are supported to map into monday:

• last activity
  • due date
  • name
  • members
  • votes
  • completed
  • description
  • labels

When mapping the “item” portion of the integration, you would only be able to choose from those options above to map to the status column in monday. I’m afraid status does not appear to be supported at this time.

Also, to confirm, the integration would be a one way sync at this time where only changes made in trello would sync and update the monday board.

I hope this helps provide clarity!

-Aron

Thank you for this clarification!

Could you also elaborate what exactly the supported elements are? What exactly does “completed” mean? Is this not a kind of status?

Of course! These supported elements represent different fields that live within trello.

With regards to what completed means, I am not too familiar with trello itself but I would imagine it’s available as a field in a card. It may make sense for you to check with the trello support team to ask them what this completed field is if you are unable to locate it on your trello card(s) and they should be able to provide more insight into this from their end. You could let them know that you’re trying to set-up an integration and you know that only certain fields are supported to map over and looking for clarity into the “completed” field as an option.

Thank you! I think asking support over at trello is actually the best course of action. I should have come up with that myself.

1 Like

Hey, may i ask if would you have had any update on this - since the STATUS does not sync from TRELLO to MONDAY, any updated item in TRELLO syncs in MONDAY against the 1st status… even though they ve been in stage 2, 3 or more in TRELLO :confused: we just loose the whole point of Trello, moving items from an original status to the next ones, if this is not reflected in monday? :wink:

2 Likes

Nothing changed and the trello integration does not save us any time or reduces the amount of input we have to manually put in.