Unable to get formula column values via API

Hi All

I am working on building a small monday.com app and trying to retrieve formula column values through API. I get ‘null’ as the value for all formula type columns.

Questions,

1. Is it possible to get formula type column values via API?
  2. If it is not possible, Is there any way I can get the used formula, for me to do the calculation on client side?

Thanks
Dinithi

Hi @dinithij - The API will not give you dynamic results for things like formula and progress columns. You’ll need to pull in the column settings and generate the values on your end from what you find in the settings.

We built an app that uses both formula and progress columns to prioritize cards on a board view, and @Spunkie may be able to add more context as well. It will take more coding on your end to reproduce the dynamic functionality.

Perhaps if we’re lucky the next version of the API will include dynamic values.

@dinithij - you can also check out this post for a discussion on how to do this:

we can create subitem colmn by API??

@azmat

Thanks for asking! At this time, you will not be able to create sub-item columns via the API, just like with Connect Board columns.

I would recommend raising this question as a separate topic in the future, as your query doesn’t quite seem to be related to the main topic of the discussion here. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

-Alex