Upstream request timeout

I am facing this issue on a board with just 78 items. The API keeps returning the error ‘upstream request timeout’
Fetching 5 items at a time, then sleep for 1 minute then loop again. It just doesn’t work. The response is always the upstream request timeout, so I developed a work around to keep looping at the same page number till the response is right.
The picture with the parsing the 153th page is a board with over 1k items and there the API just doesn’t respond.
Just keeps failing and eventually my runtime exceeds my 30 minute limit (while I try to get 3 pages at a time!!!)
Monday’s SUPPORT please fix this!

Hi @chrisMeli,

Welcome to the community!

Would you please send an email to our support team at appsupport@monday.com with these details? We’ll need sensitive account data to investigate this issue.

@alessandra
I am also facing the same issue
upstream request timeout
query:

query {
boards (ids: 1467628940) {
items {
id
name
column_values {
id
text
}
}
}
}

Hello there @MArashad and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

Can you please let me know:

1. Amount of items in your board
  2. Amount of columns in your board
  3. Which column types are you using in that board?
  4. Can you please share the full response you get from our server? Error code + full error message.
  5. What happens if you add a limit and use pagination as explained here?
{
  boards(ids: 1467628940) {
    items (limit: 25, page: 1) {
      id
      name
      column_values {
        id
        text
      }
    }
  }
}

If it works well using pagination then it is probably an issue related to the amount of data being retrieved, in which case pagination is a good solution.

Let us know what happens!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

I had the same issue, (on my first Monday API query) and your Pagination suggestion did the trick, thank you,
Haydn.

Hello @HaydnVirtue and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

I am glad that the suggestion was useful for you!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like