Use Time Tracking to find gaps where users didnt track time

Hi Everyone,

We’re currently using Monday.com to Track our time, and we’ve set up a threshold for tracking enough chargeable time per week per user. The challenge I’m having is i need to be able to identify the gaps where time hasn’t been tracked to find out what a user has done with that time but I can’t see a feature to enable this view. I’ve even tried to export the board data to excel but it doesn’t give the hour data in the spreadsheet, only the days.

Does anyone have a solution as to how this could be possible in Monday? Like a timesheet view broken down per user?

Thanks for any help you can give

1 Like

Hi @JayMunsonChess - I don’t know if this upcoming Time Tracking app that is releasing soon will help you with this problem, but it’s worth a look. There’s a sneak peek webinar you can sign up for now - Need an expert for an intricate Time Sheet Tracking For Employees - #18 by Thomas-Omnitas

1 Like

Hi there @JayMunsonChess !

There’s a tool called Time Tracking Duration Manager - it will turn any board with a time tracking column into a URL you can paste in your google sheets.
This will give you a rundown of all time tracking instances where you’d be able to locate gaps. You can of course run any sort of data analyzation you need.

You can read more about it here

Hi Jay, you could use the Toggl Integration. Toggl has a day and week view (as well as list) in it’s timer window that shows you visually not only where time was recorded but where it wasn’t. If the user has the Toggl desktop app installed, it also gives you reminders of what you worked on at any time during the day.
And you can set up a 1-way integration Toggl to Monday as well so that users can check the desktop app for time they forgot to log, enter it in Toggl and it will create a corresponding item in Monday.
I’m working on an online Course about “all things time tracking in Monday” at the moment so happy to help you out if you need any more info.
Cheers,
Patrick

Oh and if I remember correctly (will check) Toggl has idle time detection so will prompt users to log or disregard idle time when they return to their computer.

Hi @JayMunsonChess,

Have you tried TimeheeetsPro ?

It has a simple user interface to log time per user and the reporting also very powerful that allows you to visualise time spent per user per day broken down hour by hour.

I believe this will be useful for your workflow. Try it out for couple of weeks to see if it solves the problem.

Best,
Shamika