Users (guest) invited on folder level, inherited by all board in folder

Hi all,
I build a bid management solution and need 4 different board to manage one bid / tender. This is because I need different columns for planning, documents & issue logs together with different board permissions. To create a new bid I have to invite all guest to all 4 boards that are combined into one folder.
I would love to see the ability to invite guests on folder level and that all boards inside the folder inherits the users on the folder level (unless overwritten at board level) or alternatively create a team of guests (see also other topic) and be able to give board access to this team.

8 Likes

I thing Monday.com doesn’t allow to create Guest teams… But I would like to consider that option. Also, to be able to invite guest to folder is great Idea. We use boards to create events boards (Budgeting board, tasks, guest lists etc…) If We could put all that in a folder and invite client to a folder it would be helpful.

1 Like

I’d like to add my voice to this - it is a hinderance to my productivity that guests cannot be added to teams within a workspace.

I am working for a non-for-profit, and we bring in new volunteers for our many different projects.
We love the guest user feature because it allows these volunteers to only see the project they are assigned to (rather than all of our projects + admin tables). However, the con is that we have to tag / “@” all of these volunteers individually every time. It is frustrating.

I feel that I further highlight the need to let guests be added to teams with these two videos trying to decided whether I should add an incoming team of 16 volunteers as guests or members. The con-side of both options can be solved by letting guests be added to teams.

Option 1: Add as Members
Pros: easier to mass-tag people in updates and on new boards as they get created.
Cons: can see our entire workspace

Option 2: Add as Guests (which is how volunteers are currently added as)
Pros: only see what we want them to see
Cons: harder to add them to everything / have to individually add all 16 members every single time

I’d like to +1 this request. My client projects are organised into folders and each folder has the project plan, a dashboard, and a ‘files’ board. To give my clients access to see their projects I need to add every one of their staff individually to all three boards as guests. It could be done better if I can just give them access to the folder or even the workspace level.

1 Like

I’d really like to see this feature!

1 Like