Using multiple status conditions in custom automation is not working

I am trying to set the status as ‘Completed’ when 4 other status are marked as ‘Done’. This is however not working. Can you please help me with the reason or change needed

1 Like

Hello @Parul !

Welcome to the monday community!

I believe the reason you are not getting the results you expect from your automation is the order of the changing statuses.

The automation would only work if the PMO status is the last to be changed.

For example, if you change the IT Status to done after already having changed the other statuses to done, the automation would not work.

If you are always changing the PMO Status to done in the end, after already having changed the other statuses to done, then the automation is not working as intended.

In this case, would suggest recreating this automation, and if it still not working to contact monday support .

Hope this helps!
-Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Thanks for your response this helps. What if i dont want to define any order in which status changes but just want all the 4 status to be ‘Done’ (in any order) how can i implement that?

Unfortunately this is not currently possible :frowning: . If I find a workaround I"ll let you know.

Hi @Parul - you would just need to replicate this automation for each of the 4 statuses.

1. When PMO Status changes to done and only if IT status is done and only if Admin status is done and only if HR One Status is done
  2. When IT Status changes to done and only if PMO status is done and only if Admin status is done and only if HR One Status is done
  3. When Admin Status changes to done and only if IT status is done and only if PMO status is done and only if HR One Status is done
  4. When HR One Status changes to done and only if IT status is done and only if Admin status is done and only if PMO Status is done

This should cover it.
Mark

But I am looking for automation that when these 4 are Done then set final status to done

If I create separate automation how will I be able to achieve that?

by adding

Then set Request Status to Completed

to all 4 automations proposed by @mark.anley

1 Like

Thanks @basdebruin - correct. I just didnt type out the entire automation.

Thanks it worked. Not the ideal solution but solves the purpose