Automations: Change status only if multiple statuses are complete

Hello,

I’m trying to update my overall order status when the 3 statuses are completed or the default value. So I have an ORDER STATUS column and 3 other columns, TOP STATUS, BASE STATUS, and CUSTOM PIECE STATUS. When all three (TOP, BASE, CUSTOM) statuses are completed, I want the ORDER STATUS column to get updated to (…whatever value). Is this possible?

So the recipe would be something like:
When TOP STATUS is “Item Completed” and only if BASE STATUS is “Item Completed” OR “No Base” (Default Value)
and only if CUSTOM PIECE STATUS is “Item Completed” OR “No Custom Piece” (Default Value)
Then change ORDER STATUS to “Ready For Scheduling”

I can’t seem to select more than one status right now for this type of recipe. Is there some other way to accomplish this? Or is there a workaround to utilize duplicate columns of other types to achieve this outcome? I was thinking id basically have a dropdown column that hold the same value, but there’s no way to set a dropdown column to something based on another action or status.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi @MFeldballe - you could create 4 separate automations to handle the “OR” scenarios.

1. TOP STATUS = Item Completed AND BASE STATUS = Item Completed AND CUSTOM PIECE STATUS = Item Completed
  2. TOP STATUS = Item Completed AND BASE STATUS = Item Completed AND CUSTOM PIECE STATUS = No Custom Piece
  3. TOP STATUS = Item Completed AND BASE STATUS = No Base AND CUSTOM PIECE STATUS = Item Completed
  4. TOP STATUS = Item Completed AND BASE STATUS = No Base AND CUSTOM PIECE STATUS = No Custom Piece

Its not the prettiest but it would work. I believe more advanced AND/OR logic is being worked on for automations and filtering so in time your initial thinking might be available.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply… I’ll give this a try. I think it’s going to be like 7 automations. Those initial 4 don’t account for the “No Top” Scenarios. Alot more automations than I’d like but definitely a good thought for the “OR” situations! I appreciate it! Considering I already have over 100 automations as workarounds as it is, another 7 won’t hurt right? :joy:

2 Likes

Haha - I hear you. Nothing like a few dozen additional workaround columns and a few hundred workaround automations :wink: Hope it all works out!
Mark