When an Item is created from an email integration populate an email column with the sender's email

I am building out a ticketing board using the Emails and Activities view and some outlook integrations. I have an integration to have all emails from our support email creating new tickets on the board. It would be nice if there was an integration that could copy the senders address and put it in an email column. This would make for a seamless workflow then sending emails from the Emails and Activities view. Currently we will have to populate the email column manually

Agreed. This is almost essential to being able to efficiently manage ticketing in monday.com

3 Likes

Hi @CoreyBHH and @nksse Extract marketplace app (see link below) extracts content from board updates. Currently we extract emails and sender names, and adds them to your board items so you can automate your CRM and helpdesk workflows without the need to manually copy and paste data.

No need to use integromat here.

It would be great if you can use Extract app and share some feedback.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-06 at 7.03.49 PM

Hi, the Extract app is a paid solution, bu why Monday doesn’t allow to populate 1 column by other, for example I was looking to populate Names by the email address of the user from another column?

Or another point is to populate the user who filled the form in the item by Monday
Thank you

1 Like

monday do not support populate the user who filled the form in the item due to privacy issue - Externalizing content on a private board. Here is a way many monday user are achieving this goal.

Hi @CoreyBHH,

Welcome to the monday community. If you are looking for an integration that could copy the senders address and place it in an email column, I would recommend you try monday.com email integration to overcome the challenge you are facing. You may also seek help from certified monday partners.

Regards
Neelam B
Damco Solutions
Phone: +1 609 632 0350 | Email : info@damcogroup.com

1 Like

@DamcoSolutions actually monday native gmail/outlook integration does NOT copy the senders address and place it in an email column. This can be done by external integrations like MAKE or monday marketplace app like Extract.

I just emailed you. Happy to meet and showcase.

@Nir-Jetpack Thanks for sharing your opinion on this. Would love to try out external integrations from monday marketplace.

Regards
Neelam B
Damco Solutions
Phone: +1 609 632 0350 | Email : info@damcogroup.com

4m 41s

Good day, I have downloaded Extract, and it seems like it could solve the sender email problem. BUT my problem is that I can’t use the sender’s email (It comes from our system); the email I need to use is in the body of the email. How do I extract the email address out of the body? I hope that makes sense.

Hi @Marnus, thank you for this. Please email us on appsupport@jetpackapps.co and we will be happy to learn more about your usecase and help!
Nir

This is so important if we’re to use the email-to-board facility. I want to send an auto-response email but obviously don’t have the user’s email address.

1 Like