Workflow Builder

Hello! I’ve been trying to implement some workflows through the alpha workflow builder in my company.
I can’t seem to connect or reference items from one board when creating steps related to other boards. How are we supposed to create workflows connecting different boards? I guess that was the main aim of this new feature, but couldn’t get it to work.

For example, I have a “project pipeline” board where items (projects on the pipeline) are linked to a group of items in another board (say, “tasks” of “possible” projects). When a project on the pipeline is marked as “signed” (the deal was closed), all those tasks inside this same group, linked to the project on the pipeline, should change boards. Is it possible?

(1)

(2) - there’s a way to select different boards and to select items. The issue is the only “item” possible to be selected appears to be the one where the status has been changed to “Assinado” (“Deal Closed”) on the 1st board. The thing is, these items are not the same, since they’re in different boards. How to relate them?

If not possible for this specific use case, how can we connect or reference different (but related) items in different boards so we can use the workflow feature?
Thanks!

@monday-team @CSG

Hey @Admeirel,

Thanks for your question!

I have followed up with the dedicated team on your query for their expert insight. I will circle back here as soon as I hear back :+1:

1 Like

I will try to answer your questions one by one:

1.1 “I can’t seem to connect or reference items from one board when creating steps related to other boards.” ->Creating an item on another board is not supported yet on Alpha version, but will be supported on Beta version (Aug 2023)

1.2 “where items (projects on the pipeline) are linked to a group of items” → If you are referring to “Connected boards” feature, it is not supported yet and planned to be by end of year.

1. these items are not the same, since they’re in different boards. How to relate them? → You are referring to the ability ‘Create item & Connect’ that exist in the existing automations builder. This capability is not supported in the Alpha version yet, but will be in Beta.

Maor.

2 Likes

@Maor, do you have any updates on the workflow builder, especially considerind the 1.2 above - transferring/considering linked data between boards in the workflows?
Lately I haven’t seen any news regarding this builder on the community forums.

This is a highly anticipated feature for us.
@BiancaT

1 Like