Automating Item Creation Across Boards Based on Purchase Board

Hello,

I have been using Monday to manage my purchases and projects and I’ve come across a need that I could use some help with.

In my workflow, I have a ‘Purchase’ board where I track all my purchases. Each purchase is associated with a specific project, which I track on separate Project boards. I’m looking for a way to automate the process of linking a specific purchase to the relevant Project board.

Here’s what I’d like to happen:

• When I make a purchase named ‘X’ on the ‘Purchase’ board, I want an item with the same details to be automatically created on the relevant ‘Project’ board.
  • The automation should be based on a ‘Text’ column in the ‘Purchase’ board, where I enter the name of the related project.
  • The created item on the ‘Project’ board should be linked back to the original ‘Purchase’ item, so any changes made on either board are reflected across both.

Is there a way to achieve this within Monday? Or is there a potential app in the marketplace that could offer this functionality? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hey Ziv,

Based on my understanding it sounds like this recipe aligns with your first goal:

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 4.39.33 pm

That said, you mention the automation should be based on the text column, so can I ask if something like this could work for you instead:

Either way the items will be connected on each board via the connect board column. In both scenarios, if you’d like changes from the project board to reflect in purchase board (or vice versa) you can set up a mirror column so changes are mirrored across boards.

Please let me know if I’ve misunderstood :pray:

1 Like