Working back from a due date

I’m trying to use the solution listed in this discussion from Feb 2022, but I don’t see a way to utilize date formulas in automations. Is this functionality no longer available, or am I missing somehting?

hi @emilym

Welcome to the community. If you are looking for backward planning and dependencies between items I recommend to try out this app https://monday.com/marketplace/10000139 from Work Perfect. It can do backward planning with dependencies.

Hi @emilym! The key here is that they are creating dependencies within the items - it’s not a specific automation that uses a date formula. I’d be happy to show you how it works if that would be helpful to you. Let me know!

Tanner
tanner@elevateops.io
Monday.com Consultant

Hi @emilym,

I don’t see a way to utilize date formulas in automations. Is this functionality no longer available, or am I missing somehting?

If you open the Automations Center and select Due Dates in the Categories column, you’ll see recipes that use dates and the one mentioned in the original post is the first of the 5th line.

That’s not it. They are looking for the (Dependency) automation of Adjust the DATE of an item to reflect the changes made in the date of its DEPENDENT ON item. Currently there are only 3 Dependency automations to choose from (which are not this). Choosing Strict on the Dependency column logic will push forward, but not backward as intended (leading up to a specific Go Live date, etc).