Due Date Formula

Hi! I’m hoping someone can offer some assistance. I want to set a due date based upon another date. For example, when the Board approves a hire, I want to input the Board approval date and have the due date for the Work Record creation to be 7 days (excluding weekends) after the Board approval date. Does anyone know a formula that could assist with this? I’ve used an automation previously, but I had to have another column that I put the number of days in - in this case 7 and it did not exclude weekends. Thank you all in advance for any support or ideas you can offer!

4 Likes

Hey Ashley,

Ben here, happy to help!

Unfortunately, after quite a bit of time trying out different formula’s, I do not believe that this is possible. Although this is a really interesting use-case for the formula column. Having said that, I want to report this as a feature request. I believe that it would be more efficient, and effective to add this as a feature request for the previous automation that you used.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you!

Best,
Ben

2 Likes

We are looking for something similar!

Due Date = Date +/- Number of Business Days.

Example Use Case:
We have a list of the events we attend throughout the year, with the same basic workflow and internal admin process. We have a Due Date for Post Event Admin Tasks, manually set to 3 days after Event Date. It would be amazing to have an automation to do this for us!

There is an automation that we tried for this, but it does not work well. Set’s Due Date based on Date but requires a Column with Numbers in it. It’s quite clunky and there were too many situations where the automation did not work as expected.

2 Likes

Hey there,

Thanks so much for explaining your use-case. I have added this to the previous feature request that I submitted. We will keep you updated with the process.

I also want to thank you for taking the time to write to us. We focus our roadmap significantly on the feedback that we receive from our users, and so are always excited to hear your thoughts. You are helping us build the strongest platform our there!

Best,
Ben

1 Like